1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fun little side benefits of eating Paleo/Primal

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by ChristineKleiber, Mar 22, 2012.

1. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Has anyone noticed they are dreaming/remembering their dreams more? I have/remember a dream now almost every night now, when before I might remember 2-3 dreams a month.

2. HS4

HS4 New Member

After having tried every method of saving avocado halves, I've found the best way is to basically do nothing. The leftover half must be the one with the pit; put it in the fridge preferrably on a door shelf. A very thin harder layer will form on the avocado meat which can easily be cut off the next day or two when you want the rest of it. Keeping ripe avocades, unopened or opened, works best on the door of the refrigerator which is the 'warmest' part of the appliance.

3. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Absolutely! I've been able to remember dreams fairly well all my life, but my dreams now are almost always super vivid, and I can definitely recall far more detail from them than before. They also seem to be more crazy and yet make more sense at the same time, which I know sounds bonkers. I used to have fairly mundane dreams where something totally out of left field would happen now and then. Now, I seem to have dreams where there's a TON going on, lots of people I haven't seen in ages or places I haven't been in years, stuff like that...and I seem to be able to process them better the next morning when I'm recalling them and thinking about what they mean. :)

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I haven't really been able to recall dreams for the last several years. At one time I was told it was a B vitamin deficiency and it did seem to get a bit better when I added nutritional yeast to my diet, but it was only temporary. Since starting the leptin Rx 9 weeks ago I've had a few dreams I could recall, but that's it. Anyone have any other ideas on why some have such poor dream recall?

5. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

That's also a good trick if you *gasp* can't always get a hold of the grass fed meat. You know...for when you're eating out or at a friend's place. lol Slather EXTRA for those occasions. People in public look horrified! It's nice.

6. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Way to go Sue!!

7. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Ya, it's tough if you have to get factory meat. What you do if you're DESPERATE is get the lean cuts, and then supplement your own fat with butter from grass fed (b/c I find at least that's easy to find etc.). For me personally I get wild fish, pastured eggs, and butter from grass fed cows. I also get Nutiva CO. I also get sauerkraut that is made with cabbage, salt and bacterial culture. I feel good about the things I can do! As soon as I get more income, then grass fed meat will be UP! I obviously do CT too. I'm happy.

Love to hear everyone's good stories of progress and success. :)

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Fun side benefit -- excellent night vision now. And the optometrist tells me that I have "young" eyes, whatever that means.

9. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Still having wildly vivid dreams, nearly every night, minutes before I wake up. But this won't happen if I go to bed late. I am loving it. A couple of them could make a good book.

10. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Don't get the dreams, but my fine focus is coming back. Currently I have to use reading glasses to read, have just added face dips in cold water to help accelerate this improvement. When I don't have to use reading glasses anymore, I will be shouting from the roof tops, yippe yay.

11. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

I have also noticed not needing reading glasses so much, hardly reach for them at all now. I was just at the point in life pre leptin rx that I felt like I needed them daily!