1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Full Spectrum Fluorescent Tubes

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Michael Polito, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Michael Polito

Michael Polito New Member

If you are indoors most of the day at work with fluorescent lights, would changing the the lights over to Full Spectrum fluorescent tubes be an improvement? Some people work in a small office where this is possible. I read this in Dr. John N Otts book. A great book by the way. If this would help, you would think that schools would take this practice up as well. Kids are in school during the day.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Full spectrum bulbs are hard to find now. Ott used to be involved in manufacturing of them

3. Michael Polito

Michael Polito New Member

Here is a link I found. I believe he also talked in the book about removing the plastic diffuser in the fixture to a uv transmitting one and using some sort of led shielding around the cathods. Seems like a lot of work. I would just change over to incandescent if they were in my house. Thanks Doctor ! Learning quite a bit from you.

https://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-246...354&sr=8-2&keywords=full+spectrum+fluorescent

KB48kg likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator