1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

From 20% to 80% -- I'll call that success

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by WereBear, May 4, 2015.

1. WereBear

WereBear New Member

Seems like it's classic "it can't be that simple!"

2. WereBear

WereBear New Member

Had a retreat weekend by a lake, (mostly a work assignment. Mostly) beautiful spot with no WiFi and restricted cell phone usage. Just what the doctor ordered! :D

I managed even though I could not do my morning smoothie, and the food was very good, much of it cultured, though rather Weston Price -- bit light on the protein, but they always had gluten-free options.

Still, I did very well considering I couldn't control my environment, AND forgot my sleep mask! Though that was okay because there was no light pollution.

However, the one snag was when I woke up at 1 AM on my second day, midst of a panic attack, and couldn't get back to sleep. Things got worse and worse, to the point where I was ready to do anything to make it stop... and I realized I had brought my pregnenolone... and had not been taking it. Fool.

Took 150 mg, and in five minutes I felt much better. In fifteen minutes I was asleep again.

Amazing stuff.

caroline likes this.
  3. shah78

shah78 Gold

Simple and cheap and no downside to any of it.!

4. WereBear

WereBear New Member

And there's the problem in so much of Western Society -- no "middleman" that collects a profit on any of it.

caroline likes this.
  5. WereBear

WereBear New Member

Taking it easy on a three day weekend; I have so many creative projects going that unplugging is difficult, but of course it must be done!

Last weekend I went away on a three day wellness retreat. Most of it was very good; restricted Wifi, turned off cell phones, and a whole bunch of people who understand Airplane Mode. The food was delicious, very Weston Price and fermented and such, but protein light and starch heavy. Despite my good intentions, eating that way threw me off; especially since my environmental control was less than optimum. I needed the extra carbs, but have successfully gone back to my 2 meals a day this weekend.

And will be resting for the first time in 2 weeks.