1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

From 20% to 80% -- I'll call that success

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by WereBear, May 4, 2015.

1. WereBear

WereBear New Member

Ten months in… and tremendous progress. I’m not all the way back yet, but I can make a convincing show of being normal :)

I went from barely getting through my day, a mixed desk job/climbing mountains (not at a lot of that last summer) to having energy left over when I get home. And since it’s a lot of creative work (I write four blogs a week) and also physical activity (to do the activities to blog about) it’s always a challenge.

Right now the daily routine is a whey protein smoothie in the morning, (which seems to work better right now than my oily fish breakfasts all winter?) With D-ribose, dry gelatin, Spiru-tein which has an amazing effect, washing down 250mg chelated magnesium, 10k D3 in oil, 2k vitamin C, bio-available Curcumin (for inflammation,) and 500 mg plain niacin with a B50.

Then, mid-afternoon, I have a normal low carb meal, meat & veggies and a couple of squares of dark chocolate, and I’m good until breakfast the next day. Dr. Kruse said I would go to two meals a day, and it did happen.

Hope I’ll get these extra cortisol-mayhem inches off my waist, everywhere else has lost weight.

Sleep has become INCREDIBLE. I have a reminder chime on my iPod touch to signal the changing time of sundown, and off go the lights with only a salt lamp and maybe a lamp with an amber shade, I don my sunglass readers with the amber tint. Then bed by 10 pm, with 1g of niacin and 1g of liposomal C and 50mg of pregnenolone, and a sleep mask.

I get 8-9 hours reliably. Sometimes I wake up, but sometimes I don’t, and that’s amazing. When I do wake up in the morning, I have this incredible relaxed feeling in my muscles. My sleep goes so deep I have to lie there for ten minutes, slowly waking up. It’s great!

Will post more when I get a chance… there’s a lot to tell… but wanted to say, “I feel like a success!”

Dr. Kruse is a genius.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

It's great to hear how well you are doing. Nice improvement! Can't wait to hear more...

3. WereBear

WereBear New Member

WIth my very first protein smoothie on the Leptin Reset Protocol I got through my day at work, back in July. This was fantastic, because I was used to feeling drained by 10 AM. On a good day, I could sorta make it to 2 PM. So this told me I was on the right track at last. But increasing cold kept my feet out of the grass, and by November last year it was getting dark at 4 PM and I was feeling it. Mind you, I have a lightbox on my desk at work. It came with a warning about "too much leading to mania" and I was all "Bring it on" and punching it for another session.

So I was not making any progress. Not exactly backsliding, but stuck. Then I got up one Saturday hoping I could work on my own creative projects for a change, but I was all feverish. When I knocked back some White Willow Tincture my husband had made (he's an herbalist) I felt so much more energetic. I decided the inflammation was blocking the cortisol from working on my cells so I kept taking small amounts all day. (It was originally what aspirin was derived from.) And it did wonders.

So for a couple of months I took a combo of White Willow Bark and Devil's Claw, which work synergistically so I don't have to take as much of either. It improved my sleep and my energy. I phased them out and switched to Niacin.

Which has been amazing. Next post so this one won't get too long.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just awesome Pam ....So very glad that you posted your successes! This will help so many :)

And Dr. K. is only scary some times!

5. really nice to read this

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

awesome

7. WereBear

WereBear New Member

I stumbled onto the White Willow/Devil's Claw for sleep by missing a dose and doubling up before bedtime. And got GREAT sleep. Inflammation again. Is there nothing evil it won't do?

It seemed that I was doing everything I could but my thermostat was "stuck." In the old days, they would have said my "health was broken" and I would get sent away to a rest home with fresh air, low stress, you know, one of those places in the country. And then the lots of fish/homemade coconut oil mayo/grounding/circadian-nurturing stuff I was doing would have a better chance of gaining traction and resetting that thermostat.

However, in my case, no one believes in that anymore, and I couldn't recreate it with a full time job, disabled husband, and vital side project. So I was now knocking the inflammation back with herbs to let the cortisol in the cells, because when I kept up with it I had energy during the day and great sleep at night. So the herbs were a great short term solution, but I was wary of trying to make them a longterm solution. I moved it to one big dose at bedtime with good results, which demonstrated that great sleep would then give me more energy during the day.

Now I noticed that I felt almost normal much of the time, but I had a marked physical reaction to stress that would knock me back to my worst state. And how bad was my worst state? Well, I no longer have any of my little makeup sponges in my eyeshadow, because my hands had no fine control and I'd drop them on the floor, and there's no washing such things. I used my fingers. My hands just had no strength.

Early on, I screwed the top on my blender cup crooked and I just melted down in tears because I couldn't unscrew it from its crooked state. I finally managed to brace it against something in a way where I could use my large muscles, because my small ones just weren't reliable. And I couldn't open my car door the usual way. I had to put my shoulder against it and brace my legs against the transmission hump and use my torso to shove it open.

So when I got better it was obvious how much better because such superhuman adjustments didn't have to constantly be made. Which was its own form of stress relief! But a crisis at work, argument at home, or a glitch in my constant task juggling would create the sensation of strength actually draining from my body. I could keep going in the moment, but a serious crash was inevitable.

So it was now a mental state issue. My stress circuits were just burnt out or something; and that would influence how my body used cortisol. I'd dropped coffee at the beginning and it did help, but what helped even more was replacing it with roasted cocoa beans. No sugar, hardly any carbs, just a bit of heavy cream and some spices and I had a heavenly morning drink to replace it. And it was healing my glucocorticoid receptors. There's studies! So chocolate became a vital part of my daily routine. It's science, people!

I'm getting to the niacin. And the Brain Wave app.

8. Penny

Penny New Member

That's hillarious - my kid had a bunch of school work to catch up on one night so he took the Ott light into the living room to keep himself awake... not quite the message I am trying to convey, but at least he "gets it" :)

9. WereBear

WereBear New Member

I have also switched us to full spectrum lights in the house, and one as my desk lamp at work, next to my Lightbox.

10. WereBear

WereBear New Member

So in the midst of this development plateau, I ran across an app called Brain Wave. It uses Binaural Brainwave Entrainment -- by sending two different frequencies to either ear, it encourages the brain to choose the "middle path," a pattern which we can choose with the programs on the app. I soon fell in love with the Reduce Anxiety setting, a 40 minute program. By running it on myself every day, I could FEEL my brain relax, and my muscles followed. On days I forgot it, I could feel a profound difference in my head the next time I ran it.

I concluded anxiety was a large chunk of my remaining problems. Perhaps even previous anxiety; stress from the past. Because I had a pretty high opinion of my coping skills NOW. The Brain Wave App worked great for me NOW. But there was still something snagging my progress. So it was a great time to discover high dose niacin.

Turns out, Dr. Abram Hoffer of Canada had great results using 1g to 3g of niacin daily on patients with schizophrenia, anxiety, and PTSD. I figured if it helped survivors of Japanese POW camps, it would help me. I am blown away by how well it works on this aspect of my issue.

I was able to phase out the herbs, it seems to regulate my appetite, I can take 1g at a time with only some skin tingles (I did have the full flush the first few weeks, but not anymore) and it took my sleep into yet better realms. My skin seems to love it, my dreams are in full color HD, and I have at least three other people try it with excellent results.

I take 500mg at three intervals during the day, with B complex and C to help it out, and then at bedtime a 1g dose with 1g of Liposomal C.

From Dr. Hoffer's experiences with the POW survivors, niacin seems to help reset the disordered endocrine system of PTSD sufferers. While I'm not saying my past was that bad, it was pretty bad for pretty long. And now, after all my success at meditation, philosophy, and structured coping skills, niacin works on my body as well as all that stuff I was doing for my brain.

Makes you wonder if there's a line separating them at all :)

Penny and fitness@home like this.
  11. nicld

nicld Gold

Which one is it exactly (so many out there)? I would like to check out that app. May try to use it (in airplane mode) in the evening sitting outside before bed.

12. WereBear

WereBear New Member

Click the link to the Brain Wave app I use. My iPod touch is constantly in Airplane mode while I'm using it -- I only turn on the WiFi to load things in while on the go. Also, my airtube earbuds are just great, they fit the iTouch and my cell phone.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  13. Penny

Penny New Member

Has anyone found full spectrum lights you can use instead of flourescent in the garage?

14. nicld

nicld Gold

Hmmm, I don't have an iPod (or i. anything) so I will have to see what it available for android systems.

15. WereBear

WereBear New Member

As far as my EMG efforts go... to quote Dr. Evil, things got weird.

I ditched our cordless phones and got my husband his own cell phone, which he uses on speaker. I use my airtube headset, which is great — far more comfortable than holding the phone to my ear. We got rid of our boxspring and metal bed frame and got a wooden frame with drawers — more storage. But further elimination hit major snags.

We rent an old apartment with plaster and lathe walls so rewiring is problematic. In any case, my laptop can pick up between five and ten other WiFi signals passing through the house, from the college and the nearby motels, as well as the neighbors. So I installed a Schumann Resonance Generator device, the Total EMF Shield. Which I found out about through this Forum!

Because I wanted a “control,” I didn’t tell my husband. I just smuggled into the house and set it up in the back of a bookcase. That first night, we each added two hours to our sleep. After a couple of weeks, I confessed. But since he had noticed the improvement in his sleep, he didn’t mind. :) Now he fondly refers to it as our “NASA Space Device.”

It worked so well that I noticed when I left the apartment. My office is in a WiFi hot spot and when we got the heat fixed… we got a wireless thermostat. I have an open window by my desk, a wired Internet connection for my computer, and my office is farthest away from the router, so I was doing okay there. But sometimes I have to work in the lobby, and I started getting headaches. Also stores, such as the hardware store where people walk around with wireless headsets; I would get a headache as soon as I walked in.

So I got an Earthcalm pendant I always wear. And no more headaches.

I found a company who makes shielding tiles, and they are wonderful. I’ve got one across the back of my purse pocket for my cell phone, one over my charging brick for my laptop, and two across the bottom of my laptop case if I’m on the road. At home, I use a lap desk which has a sofa pillow added to the bottom, to give me six inches of space between the computer and my lap. Every electronic thing near the bed is on a powerstrip which I shut off when it's bedtime.

My iTouch is on airplane mode most of the time, as previously noted. That’s now my reading device of choice. I’ve even changed my writing process; I got Dragon Dictation for my computer so I can dictate drafts while keeping my distance!

I had previously thought the biggest trigger for my illness had been the new building my previous office was in, which had new everything and it was all outgassing formaldehyde. And I’m sure it didn’t help. But now I wonder if part of the blame should be from the banks of routers that blanketed the building.

Fortunately, I’m now in a more low-tech office. With a park across the street. Now that the weather is so nice, that’s where I will be having lunch!

nicld likes this.
  16. nicld

nicld Gold

Interesting about the pendant. I work in an higher EMF office (ground floor at least) and I am interested in the pendant. Which one did you get? Might have to save up for one though.

17. WereBear

WereBear New Member

I got the rose quartz one, which is not shown on their page currently. I believe they make those in batches and they aren't always available. But I was so pleased with the performance of mine that my husband got one too, in lapis lazuli!

I still do all I can to avoid EMF, but it's hard to make a living these days without exposure, that's for sure.

caroline and nicld like this.
  18. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks for the info. I saw the one that was $250 and that is a little steep for me right now.

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Good to hear from you again, WereBear!

20. kovita

kovita Gold

that is amazing progress! well deserved success! I always wonder why is the current medicine so lost when the recipe seems to be working for sveryone independently of the background, age etc. I wish people would be better in believing when they ask what I do. it just seems very dificult for the common mind to absorb the fact that the solution might be so simple and cheap.

shah78 likes this.