1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Freezer Electrocution Hazard?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Dennis Clark, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

@JanSz @drezy @John Schumacher and others:

This disconcerting comment appeared at Mark Foreman's YouTube video about using a chest freezer to get cold ():

[​IMG]
    Chef Mime 1 year ago

Sad news for everybody. It turns out that water corrodes freezer components and it has failed causing electrocution of Mark. One hot summer day with clear blue skies and a very warm sun beating down Mark took a dip in his freezer and fried to death. He died doing what he loves and will be missed by some.

No further details. Not sure where to verify the statement.

Aside from leaving it plugged in while submerging (and no GFCI breaker), can a capacitor hold enough charge to electrocute someone?

Thanks!

JanSz likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Electricity (and grounding rod) comes on one side of my house.
    I have installed a spa on the other side of my house, say 80 feet away from the grounding rod.
    The GFCI was working but erratically. It got happy only after I installed another grounding rod nearby.
    But
    without that additional grounding rod, there was no power at the spa.
    So all was electrically safe, except that I was not able to heat the water properly.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

How big freezer chest do we need?

upload_2020-10-19_19-39-49.png

upload_2020-10-19_19-41-32.png

upload_2020-10-19_19-47-48.png

upload_2020-10-19_19-50-39.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  4. Dennis Clark

I have a hard time picturing all that. Nevertheless, I think most folks aren't aware of the importance of grounding.

5. Dennis Clark

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-10-21_7-13-27.png