1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Free water deficit?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by cantweight, Apr 26, 2013.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Have y'all figured out your free water deficit? I have no idea if I have done it wrong or what? Jack said his dropped to 30%. When i did my math I got -299.8

It is highly possible my math sucks...what am I doing wrong???

Free water deficit = .06 x weight in kg 120 - total body water 166 (not sure of my math on that number) - current sodium 141

Can someone shine some light for me please :)

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I found an online calculator, but I'm not sure that it is the equation Jack was referring to. I'm sure he will answer on the webinar followup.

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Saw the ask jack with calculator question. Curious to see what people are getting....and how they are getting it ;)

4. Jude

Jude Gold

Just used the calculator reference that JanZ posted.....I like it......am .2L underhydrated....been trying to get the 3L tank water in per day, so perhaps I am rehydrating faster than I thought....good.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

so - is 3 litres a day a good amount? depending on size and climate I guess.....

6. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My result was at 0.00 providing I did it right?

7. Jude

Jude Gold

Very good Destiny....Have you been on 3L per day?

8. Jude

Jude Gold

Caroline,thought JK recommended that amt somewhere...?

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Remember we are trying to get the water inside the cells, inside the nanotubes. If we are down a half liter, it doesn't mean that we can drink a liter or two and be rehydrated. It's like pouring water on a dry, hard sponge. Hmm, not such a good analogy, but you get my drift. We need to coax the water into the cells.

Shijin13 and Cpt.Tired like this.
  10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

That is a good analogy! Just because the water is provided does not mean it will be absorbed and used. I was down .4 and hubby .3. I expected him to be more dehydrated. Perhaps my high weight is what throws my number.

Going to up my fat today and start freezing my ro water....hadn't been doing that.

11. cantweight

cantweight Gold

So I went back to the calculator and entered the weight I should be and it was .2 half as much free water deficit at the proper weight for this bod. Hmmmm.

Quantified!

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you have any more thoughts on this? I think I am not able to rehydrate properly for some reason - how do you recommend coaxing water into the cells? this is a great analogy
    I feel like I am missing something really important here ...

13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I thought I remembered jack saying that leptin sensitivity was key to the hydration happening. I think the order he gave was become leptin sensitive, become hormonally sound, then the hydration can occur. And of course the biggest keys to that being artificial light/emf and light cycles.

That was my take away anyhow :)

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

yep - sounds right ....thanx

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I would guess Schuman resonance and electrical charge are also involved

16. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Yes, a bit over that.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Woot! Just got new labs back. No water deficit!!!!

(Look Mom, no cavities!!)

So if our sodium is 140 mmol/l or below, we're good?
    No wonder I've been craving salty food. I need to add sea salt to my water.

18. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My sodium is 140 but I don't know what it really means. I am not also clear why we need to add more salt, nonchalant?

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I need to add more salt, because of my cravings. My sodium was 136, which is in range, but I think that explains why I've been craving olives, bacon, dark chocolate with salt, etc.

My RO water and spring water have minerals, but probably not enough. They usually don't add salt because it is a Bad Thing.

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

What I don't understand is that based on my recent labs, I have no total body water deficit, yet my BUN/Creatinine ratio indicates significant dehydration, though the ratio is improving.
    Guess I have plenty of water in my bloodstream, but the water still isn't finished filling up my cells/nanotubes.