1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Forum UPGRADE: we're now running on XenForo

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Support, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Support

Support Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

As of February 4, 2013 we've installed a new forum software called XenForo to take the place of vBulletin. We've done our best to import ALL content from the old forum into this new platform, but we will be relying on you, the forum community, to report any bugs you encounter. Please be patient as we continue optimize this forum over the next several days.

You should be able to log in with your usual username and password, and use this forum exactly as you would the old one.

Feel free to post in this thread with any questions, comments or concerns.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

It looks as though everyone should be able to add an avatar themselves now. Like the new "look" of the forum. Will poke around today and see if I notice any bugs.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  3. nicld

nicld Gold

This looks neat. Might take a little while to get used to but change it good :)

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Thumbs up from me...I like the type face a lot better, highlights etc....and finally fitness and a few others will be joined by some avatars.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hey, I got my old avatar back! Guess it was hanging around on the server drive somewhere.

6. Josh

Josh Gold

It is prettier and faster and a little more fun. I am not so thrilled about the "trophy" feature...

7. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

Yeah, those trophies are annoying.

The reason we switched to XenForo from vBulletin is because it's built using responsive design. This means people should be able to access the forums pretty easily on mobile devices. :) A member of our community, Paul, told me about them and while I was resistant to changing anything ('cause y'all can lose your minds!), I looked into it and it actually seemed like it would cause minimal waves with a HUGE upside in the responsive design department. Thanks, Paul!!!

8. nicld

nicld Gold

I agree about the trophies. If I want trophies I would be on Sparkpeople more :)

9. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

I think we figured out how to delete the trophies. ;-) And ... we can like posts and you can see who's liked your post! That's kinda cool.

Tanya likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

looks good Misty - just got out of bed ... not sure I am fully functioning yet!

11. Josh

Josh Gold

I am confused on the "conversation" feature that has replaced personal messaging. There are options for "no-reply" and "allow others to join conversation". How to allow only the person you are communicating with to reply? The options suggest it is leave it open to others or no reply only.

12. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

Conversations > Start a new conversation > Specify who you want to confer with. Works the exact same, just "updated" verbiage, it seems ...

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Whoot It looks like I have access and can post now... boy is my avatar fuzzy!

14. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Thanks Misty, I only made the suggestion a few days ago so to turn it around in such a short time is hugely impressive, so well done to the team. :)

XenForo has heaps of brilliant features - go to http://xenforo.com and is probably the best forum software out there BUT it is different to the previous forum software and there will be an adjustment time and a few questions. I'm excited by change. (my electrons and protons are doing a little happy dance right now but in my head its more like this)

talking of music and dancing (and drinking) I hugely embarrassed my 10 year daughter the other day when we saw Caravana Sun live and I danced a lot like David Brent but more of a fusion of James Brown, Prince and Mr. Bean. This was two weeks post hernia op btw but I loved it and haven't danced for years.

15. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Activity Stream in the old forum was my goto browser favourite. In Xenforo this option is called Recent Activity and it is under the members tab.

It would be nice if it were moved next to New Posts under the Forum tab. By modifying the template php I think it is possible according to this http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-activity-stream.758/

Just a suggestion...

16. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

^^^^^Great idea.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks PaulG!!!!!

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

this is all working pretty darn good ..... great job .... well done Misty and Team!:D

19. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

Done!

20. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Is there an easy way to access the links to posts from the old software. In some of the older posts, there are links to other posts, that were obviously written on the old software, and I get the error message of

Jack Kruse Optimal Health Forum - Error

The requested page could not be found.

I've tried cutting and pasting parts of the URL but nothing is working yet. Here's an example of what I'm trying to get to ... http://forum.jackkruse.com/archive/index.php/t-2867.html ... and this link is in page 2, about half way down the page at this URL ... http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...y-for-the-face-or-eyes.6928/page-2#post-87020