1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Foot structure

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by nonchalant, Dec 7, 2014.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I see some changes in my feet lately. Well, one change has been going on for a while -- the second toe on both feet has moved more toward the big toe, which has also moved away from the smaller toes. So the gap between my big toe and the next has increased, and there is also a gap after that next toe. The big toe movement started with grounding and changes to the next toe started with CT. So it's been going on for a couple years.

The other change I've noticed in the past couple months. When I walk barefoot on a hard floor, it feels like I'm poised on three points. Heel, base of big toe, and base of little toe. This is a completely new feeling for me, and it still feels...surprising. I don't remember it as a kid, though I've always had a high arch between my heel and toes. The base of my little toe was never used much, though I went barefoot plenty until my 30's.

A few years ago I suddenly started developing a callous under the second toe, next to the big one. But I was recovering from plantar faciitis, and going barefoot for the first time in years. But now that callous is almost gone, and now I have new callouses at the base of the little toes. Good for me, because walking on 3 points can get painful. The callouses under the big toes have decreased, though they were always huge since I was quite young.

I don't notice any difference in my footprint, but I don't have anything to compare it to.
    I know, I know Dr. K, I shouldn't have callouses at all. I'm still dehydrated.