1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Foie Gras

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by healthy2015, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Hi, I have just started eating Foie Gras and would like to know how much i should be eating per day, just to be sure I am not eating too much, thanks

Paleodocteur likes this.
  2. If anyone knows the safe amount to eat that would be great, we are trying this to help treat non alcoholic fatty liver
    Thanks

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

as much as you can afford

healthy2015 and Penny like this.
  4. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Why not just liver from an animal raised on a good organic diet? Or have you sourced foie gras that wasn't the result of inhumane husbandry and lousy GMO grain diet for the fowl? Maybe it's different from what I remember but foie gras wouldn't be on my list of something to help improve someone's health.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

6. The foie gras we have is from ducks that are naturally fed in Spain so all good on that front
    Also I believe Jack has said foie gras is one of his favourite foods especially for treating NAFLD

7. Thank you very much Jack
    Do we have to be careful of the vitamin A content?

8. I buy duck, cook at low heat with herbs, de-bone it, put meat in a container & fat into another, both go into refrigerator, then the bones & cartilage are submerged into water and cooked at low heat with herbs & a tablespoon of vinegar for hours; when "done", I pour broth into a container and placed into the refrigerator. I typically, break up the meat into serving sized containers, covering the meat in broth and freeze. The rest of the broth I used in cooking vegetables; when just before serving, I melt some duck fat into the vegetables. It's important to not "over-cook" your fats.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022