1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fluoride

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 13, 2014.

1. persistence

persistence New Member

I searched for all the sugar alcohol references there, and it looks like the main idea was that excess glucose partially converts to sorbitol. But what is the reason that all sugar alcohols would worsen neuropathy?

The thing that is confusing there is that different sugar alcohols have very different metabolic pathways. The one I really like and use is erythritol. None of it stays in the gut. It absorbs quickly in the small intestine, but none of it metabolizes to glucose. It all comes out in urine. I would be totally bummed to find out that this has some other metabolic effect I didn't know about. It has been a life saver in getting sugar out of recipes. When you mix it with Stevia, it makes a very convincing sucrose substitute.

2. persistence

persistence New Member

Do any of you good people have a recommendation for a fluoride free mouthwash? I'm looking for something with a strong kick, like Listerine.

3. Dextery

Dextery New Member

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2014/03/06/lancet-study-links-fluoride-to-neurotoxins/

Fluoride linked to being a neurotoxin.

The March 2014 journal, Lancet Neurology, compared fluoride to lead, arsenic, methyl mercury and other chemical toxins. The study authors are Dr. Philippe Grandjean of the Harvard School of Public Health and Dr. Philip Landrigan of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, N.Y.

The authors wrote, “A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fluoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations.”

4. persistence

persistence New Member

So what do others think about making your own fluoride free toothpaste. One potential recipe:

* 1 teaspoon sea salt
    * 3 teaspoons baking soda
    * 2 teaspoons hydrogen peroxide
    * 2 drops of peppermint essential oil

First combine dry ingredients.
    Second, mix in the two liquid ingredients.

Anything toxic there? Generally I find salt and baking soda to be really good cleaners. The peroxide is a whitener.

axel brandt likes this.
  5. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

One question: why do you need toothpaste?

As for your question: maybe not toxic, but if you use your mixture often and brush your teeth vigorously, you can cause damage to your teeth (enamel) and tissue.

Tanya likes this.
  6. RobH

RobH Gold

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I use piezoelectric fluouride free coconut oil... gums feeling a lot less inflamed than they used to! guess I could add some flavoring or something...

RobH

Tanya likes this.
  7. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

I hardly ever brush my teeth anymore. Maybe once a month and have no issues.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

10. lawrencep93

lawrencep93 New Member

How do we detox from Fluride if it is unavoidable I have a water filter installed in my house but I found out that you need a stronger filter to get fluoride out and I can't afford to drive 2L of bottled water per day as a student.

I heard higher doses of iodine can help is this true?

11. Penny

Penny New Member

I took 3 rounds of cipro when I experienced 3 kidney infections in a row - I guess I was lucky - they gave me cipro and said it was the most potent antibiotic they had - and they were right - I believe this particular drug is cleared via glucoronidation and those with Gilberts Syndrome have trouble clearing drugs - my youngest son can't seem to clear any drug... glucoronidation can be "helped" with calcium-d-glucarate which inhibits the glucoronidase enzyme from cleaving the glucose molecule off the substance to be cleared via glucoronidation - d-limonine (found in citrus peel oils) also helps - d limonene helps a lot of other issues also:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18072821

Another potentially life threatening drug commonly used is Tylenol (we call it Tylenide... :) It depletes glutathione and should never be used by anyone IMHO... in fact, it is the most commonly overdosed drug in America...

Something people could do is take beta glucans, astagulus root, echinacea and bee propolis to improve their immune systems -

It seems to me if anyone wanted to help their body clear toxins/drugs, they couldn't go wrong with a few b vitamins, milk thistle, molybdenum and sulfur containing foods - and zinc - anything to improve the phase I and II liver detox pathways -

One other lovely thing about glucoronidation is even if you don't have Gilbert's Syndrome, if you have the kind of crappy flora that eats the glucose part of the molecule, you still have glucoronidation issues -

12. Penny

Penny New Member

I heard vitamin c in a bath will neutralize it - but the real question IMHO is how to remove chloramines and fluromines -
    http://thenonconsumeradvocate.com/a-love-letter-to-tap-water-2/

13. Penny

Penny New Member

I use the myrh gum toothpaste from Trader Joes - no flouride and myrh gum kill h pylori in the mouth - I also use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda with it - the hydrogen peroxide kills everything and the baking soda alkalizes the mouth -

14. I thought the chemical formula led to dissociation of chlorine, not fluroide, no?

Thanks for this. I was thinking about checking TJ's next time I'm there for coconut oil, lol.

15. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I can get fluoride free toothpaste here, but it tastes awful. And also have other chemicals in them which are suspicious. They are no good. I have excellent dental health, no cavities, no braces and haven't seen a dentist for over 10 years. I guess it wasn't the fluor bites they made us do twice year as kids. Childhood trauma's for nothing :confused:

So I thought maybe just brush teeth without paste is a good way. But I don't want to ruin my dental health. Does anyone have long term experience with just brushing alone? Or know of any literature about it?

16. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Tom's tootepaste makes a fluoride free version too.

18. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

We generally use nothing on the toothbrush. Occasionally use baking soda if my teeth are stained from turmeric, berries, tea, etc. Cavities have stop and gum recession is measurably less after 3 yrs on Epi-paleo. I do go the dentist twice a year for the usual cleaning and inspection.

19. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Thanks I will try to get some overseas. Maybe my friend from the other side of the channel can bring some when she pops over for a visit.

@Jonathin don't you have problems with smelly breath when you brush without an agent? Maybe I'll just give it try when I have a long weekend coming. See what happens.

20. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Peertje, it is ok.no smell from what I have been told. You can buy some mint essential oil to mix with the bicarb. I have taken to chewing mint leaves straight off the plant. Works for breath and gut healing - win :win

Peertje80 likes this.