1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Florida to Playa and Back

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Danny, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Emma needs to meet Sarah H. Her story of her first trip to Mx last member event was epic. In 48 hrs she knew she had to get out of the UK

Samy Colddigger likes this.
  2. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

We have met Jack and are in contact. I'm booking my ticket with Lilly this weekend hopefully!

3. Danny

Danny New Member

Send a request on skype if you want to learn a bit before you come. My skype ID is just my name... Danny Scollan. I think your plan is a good one. I was going to say you should just come and feel the effects and enjoy yourself.

Emma Sabin likes this.
  4. Hey Danny good to hear your still kicking it down there! How goes the quest for grounded or off grid sleeping arrangements ? Have you been to Campeche at all? I heard there are some lovely wild places there, as well as a coastal paragliding site :) Its on my list of places to explore

I can only imagine what you are talking about.........after 10 days down there I felt something amazing and wasnt even that tired after the 36 hour flight home to +60 degrees north (there was snow in Toronto so couldnt land). My cold tolerance was also the best its ever been. This is coming from a Cactus in the Arctic (im haplotype k1).........

Anyways Happy roasting :)!

Emma Sabin and Danny like this.
  5. Danny

Danny New Member

Closest I've come to Campeche is Progreso. I'll probably be heading to Yelapa, Sayulita, and maybe Oaxaca, Mahahual, and Bacalar. My cold tolerance is always through the roof when I come back from the Yucatan. When were you here? Any plans to come back soon?

6. I was in PDC fpr 3 days then Progresso for 7. I have also been to Yelapa on numerous occasions. Sun is stronger in Progresso....I actually got kinda crispy shoulders and had to stay in the shade at mid day. I

Yelapa I stayed out the entire time and soaked it all up....no crisping....there might well be less EMF in Yelapa too....only one tower there and they have only had AC power for about 15 years. Despite the upgrades coming there....nature is easily accessed in Yelapa. I was swimming in the cold river there (you can walk up the river basin on trail that is about a 45 min walk). I drank the cold stream water too! My dad was disgusted.

Look out for my paragliding friend there, Alejandro is his local name, but his name is Allen. (a snowbird with white hair and a wicked tan)...hes like the grandfather of the paragliding scene there, hes often on the beach with no shoes on and minimal clothes....I guess he just knows. You will know its him because he looks like a rock star with awesome silver hair. He might let you stay at his pad. But probably not a good idea bc he has wifi and no intention of getting rid of it.

I dont imagine your opposed to "roughing it" and Yelapa is a great place to do so in paradise. If I was to look for accomodation it would be up the river valley somewhere away from town but still within walking distance of the beach. They big tower is on the hill on the south side of town FYI. I met make for Yelapa next with my tent and paraglider and just ask some local if I can pay them to pitch it on their property somewhere up the river basin.

Have you been camping at all? There was quite a bit of that in Yelapa....met many south Americans who camped on the beach. Its good option until you find some better accomodation?

Also Victor Misfud has been to Yelapa am not sure if you guys are in touch? He probably has a lot of good tips!

I am constantly thinking of getting down there but I dont know when. I will keep you posted though!

See you down the golden road!

Danny likes this.
  7. mamadell

mamadell Gold

Isla mujeres is fantastic !! I go there several times a year... Because it's a small island off the coast of Cancun... it's like sitting in a cenote without actually going underground. Great mix of traditional Mexican culture and tourism without being too much.

Danny and Emma Sabin like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cenotes are not always underground FYI! Some are in the sun.

Danny and mamadell like this.
  9. mamadell

mamadell Gold

yes !! i know :) have been to many ...guess what i mean is that Isla mujeres "feels" like one huge cenote... there is something very special about the electromagnetic energy there.....perhaps, just because it's an island

Danny, OptimalSkr and Emma Sabin like this.
  10. thanks for the tip Mamadell........Il have to check it out. I think Sha is going there soon.

Im thinking about driving down to Yucatan all the way from the East Coast of Canada. I got a little toyota which will bring me to the ends of the earth.

Question is should I bring my magneticos? limited space but I have a hunch there are still helpful down there if your anywhere near EMF

Danny likes this.
  11. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thanks mamadell - I will add that to my list of places to go.

12. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Sent you a request so chat soon ;)

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Down there there is no need for them. Your sitting in the crater.

14. Danny

Danny New Member

Awesome... thanks for the info. I am actually meeting up w/ Victor for a bit while I'm there as he will be there as well. Good info on Yelapa... this will definitely help me plan my trip. I love to camp... I will see what I can find when there.

15. Danny

Danny New Member

I feel that way about Holbox, but I spent a very limited amount of time there. Will test it again this time

16. Danny

Danny New Member

No need for the magnetico IMO

17. Danny

Danny New Member

Just read Jack's post and I agree. My magnetico can't do what the Yucatan can.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you got to Mx you can get rid of most of your gear and just live.

Sergio Valadez and Danny like this.
  19. ^Life saver, thanks for the input! Might bring my paraglider....whats your thoughts on free flying at elevation (hang gliding/paragliding)
    I know a shit hot pilot down near Tapalpa (mountainous area near Guadalajara) who flies to cloud base at like 12,000ft and turns to ice........then he jumps out of the harness and free falls to the ground with a parachute.......when he jumps he pulls a break on the glider and this drops it straight to the ground for easy retreival after he has landed. Could this be a bio-hack? or mito-whack? Like from low oxygen? Or might CT and light at that elevation off set it? Can I get the benefits of UV light at elevation if I go really hight? Or will I be turing myself into a vertible Icarus of sorts?

20. A hammock with a bug net would be ideal. Lots of nice trails and wooded areas. Also if you looking for a nice hike ask the where pargliders walk up to luanch (called Chipita)

Danny likes this.