1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Floaters and blue field entoptic phenomenon

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Butters, May 28, 2017.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Hello.

I noticed a bunch of eye floaters 3,5 months ago. They happend to appear suddenly in both eyes at the same time. Like one day I went out and saw some things rushing through my vision. Now when it gets more bright outside because of summer sunlight I notice more of the floaters and they can actually be very annoying.
    Also I can noticed the blue field entoptic phenomenon. I think I didnt had it before and there may be a context.
    I can provoke slight flashes of light in absolute darkness when I move my eyes extrem to the sides (again both eyes), but they are barely noticable and must be provoked with movement.

Some stats of myself: male, 27 years old, myopic -6,25 on both sides.

Over the winter I wasnt outside a lot, no grounding, very much screen time (over the day with 2700K f.lux and at night with blueblockers) on laptop. I ate a good amount of carbs.

Do you guys have some ideas?

I read that posteriour vitreous detachment on both eyes same time is extremly seldom plus I am at a relatively young age. But I am somewhat strong myopic.
    It is not easy to get a exam from an opthomologist here with no acute problems for that. So I keep asking and researching.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

this hints that you might have a lot of issues with Muller cells in the retina and often this is related to the flicker effect of light. 1989 David K. Berler did a study on monkey eyes with fluorescent lights. Studies of Müller cell biology using tissue culture and animal models provide evidence of the remarkable capacity of this cell type for graded responses to environmental insult, the capacity to proliferate, translocate from the retina and alter phenotype and thus, functional characteristics of the eye. There is now evidence that Müller cells function as an effector cell type in traction retinal detachment associated with proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR) and proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) which leads to blindness. The first step in this process is that flickering leads to bubbles forming inside the Muller cells and Ithink the scattering of light from the bubbles might be the cause of floaters.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. Butters

Butters New Member

So, does that mean, that the flicker effect from my laptop can cause this?
    What gave you the hint? The floaters alone or in context with the blue sky phenomenon?
    What can I do about that, except ditching of screens?

I just tested my screen with a camera. I use my screen a lot with dimmed lights to the minimum in the winter time, because I thought it would be better for melatonin production and the camera shows massive noticable flicker there.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Butters

Butters New Member

To all questions?:)

And when the bubbles scatter light how can it form string floaters and move with eye movement.
    I just hope you are right. There seems not to be a lot of information about this.
    I quick read some of the study with the monkeys and that was impressive indeed.

I should also say I take an anti-nail fungus (antimycotica) compound to do on the nails for quite a time. Can stuff from there go into my eyes like deposit?

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  6. Butters

Butters New Member

So I went finally to an opthomologist. Its all ok with my retina, no thin spots. But she saw the floaters. So they are really there in the vitreous.

7. Butters

Butters New Member

After watching the vermont talk I thought about when light slows matter is build. Now I thought about the floaters in my eyes. Can there be a connection? Floaters are actually matter.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Red light helps it. If you were reading the Patreon blogs you'd already know the answer.

9. Butters

Butters New Member

I didnt follow the trends here in the forum for a while, so I didnt know of things that are going on. Patreon blog is a news for me. Ok I will take a look. Thanks for the reply.

10. Lawrence Webber

Lawrence Webber New Member

Hey did have any success using red light to treat your eye floaters?