1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

FLICKER EFFECT

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Mito1

Mito1 New Member

interesting.... I"m still puzzled how my brother can be around massive amounts of RF, nnEMF ect... lives in Seattle as a Computer Engineer. Stares at computers for 15 hours a day. Doesn't eat right, doesn't exercise, no sun, no fish, smokes ect.... Stays up til 3 am and up by 7 am for work. He's done this for about 35 years and is healthy. No health problems at all. How is that possible if it's the complete opposite of the Epi-Rx ?

I thought that what he is doing isn't safe?

o_O
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

How? Humans have the highest mitochondria capacity on Earth. We can run apoptosis plans for decades before we pay the piper in a biologic toll. Do not believe me? Why is that AD was once considered a disease of brain shrinkage in the frontal and temporal lobes in those over 6 decades and now i tcan happen in three decades? A MRI shows that the brain shrinks.....as the matter of the brain shrinks our body's surface leach light in frequencies we cannot see......but the remnant of this action is the shrinkage of the brain and withdrawal of the essence of what makes us human. you really think tyour brohter is immune to these forces of Nature? If you do........this site is no place fo you. What does E=mc^2 mean to you? It means that pure light energy can be converted to matter. Now reverse the equation. What does it mean now? It means matter can be returned to light energy and lost.......to see the conversion with your senses you need more than your 5 senses........you clearly do not get that yet. Read more.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

This LinkedIn post reminded me of something I saw on flicker a few weeks ago.

Creator of Iris, Daniel Georgiev, on LCD/LED monitor brightness and why your monitor flickers: http://iristech.co/brightness/

Summary
    Monitors that use Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) to reduce brightness introduce breaks in the display where the LED's turn off for a very short time. Those breaks create imperceptible flicker
    Another method to dim the monitor called DC Dimming reduces brightness without causing flicker
    It's possible to use DC dimming on your monitor with the right software on your computer and avoid flicker
    Iris uses DC dimming

How to eliminate flicker on any monitor
    1. Using the buttons on the front of your monitor, adjust the brightness to maximum
    2. Use software like Iris to reduce the brightness to an acceptable level, as low as you'd like
    That's it, your brightness is adjusted without introducing flicker.

Another option is to buy a monitor that does not use PWM to dim the screen so you don't get flicker. Daniel has a list of some monitors that might work on the Iris site: http://iristech.co/flicker-free-monitors/
    seanb4 likes this.
  6. Jason36

Jason36 New Member

I want to know if anyone on this site has ever cured themselves from this flicker problem?
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you cure it by eliminating it.
    David Limacher likes this.
  8. Jason36

Jason36 New Member

I recently bought a pair of prescription glasses from Hakim Optical call blue shield. They filter up to 460 NM plus it claims to protect against flicker. Probably because flicker is harsher in the blue spectrum. I guess the technology actually deflects blue light. I wear my SCT orange glasses over top of them when I go to work. I have noticed a big improvement but I need a few weeks to know for sure. I used to have Crizal Prevencia glasses for blue light but they didn't help me at all. They don't filter out very much blue light and I question if it's even done properly compared to what is out now.
    This is their information on the Hakim Optical site.
    Blue shield lenses are embedded with a chemical that is designed to cut the high energy waves that harm your vision. You may have seen someone wearing glasses with blue shield lenses – you can actually see the blue light reflected off the glasses! With these lenses, your screen becomes much clearer as the flicker you’ve become accustomed to is significantly decreased and prevents the terribly irritating effects of digital eye strain.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The EZ is built when sunlight strikes water in a cell connected to collagen lattice. This makes EZ water a perfect DC transformer to make a DC electric current to act as a battery. This is why Dr. Wunsch always mentions that any light created on an AC transformer is toxic because it induces dirty electricity and it creates flicker effects for our cells. These things act to decrease the liquid crystal potential in EZ water by dehydration. That potential ruined is the redox potential. This is why man made light is toxic because it is powered by an AC electric grid that is modulated to a DC current by a transformer. This is what dehydration and a high BUN creatine ratios are so diagnostic for disease generation. Cell water powered by sunlight ultimately powers the entire biosphere because of these connections. Flicker is created by man made light because of how we create electricity and how we package it to travel. Sunlight does not need a transformer because it has water to create nature's electric power grid wirelessly.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Silver

@Jack Kruse
    Have I got it right?
    Flicker effect is suppressing vassopressin.
    Trending down vassopressin is the reason for dehydration.
    Trending down vassopressin is also suppressing sulfated Vitamin D3 level.
    Trending down vassopressin is a cause of frequent nightly bathroom trips (after watching flickering light the night before).
    Vasopressin, antidiuretic hormone (ADH)

seanb4 likes this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ADH normally rises when one is dehydrated as it prevents water diuresis.......It is a post pituitary hormone connected to hypothalamus with a direct neural connection.
    JanSz likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Yes.
    So at the time one is dehydrated he/she wishes that ADH would raise.
    ========================
    @Jack Kruse

What do you think of using (minute amounts) of Desmopressin acetate to prevent nightly bathroom trips?
    ==========================================

Noctivia have been approved by FDA 3/3/2017 but is still not available for sale,
    (but I have figured my own workaround, diluting available 0.1mg/mL solution.)

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/News...ivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
  13. JanSz

JanSz Silver

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have patients and friends who do........but I am not so sure its wise.
  15. Jason36

Jason36 New Member

What blog posts can I read regarding this waking up at night to pee? It's interesting because I usually wake up once every night to pee. I wonder if it's an issue? I swear I have the greatest sleeps and I always go to bed at 9 and wake up at 5 Monday to Friday every week. I'm not tired during the day and have tons of energy. If flicker causes this problem it wouldn't surprise me because I have been sensitive to flicker for 9 years now.
  16. Jason36

Jason36 New Member

Iris does not help with flicker if your monitor flickers at 100% brightness. There is a lot of monitors that flicker even when the brightness is at 100% Every monitor is different some don't start flickering till you dim them below a certain value. I bought the full version of Iris and tested this with two monitors that flickered at all levels of brightness and it doesn't help. Sometimes even the monitors that say flicker free aren't even flicker free. Alexander Wunsch recommends testing them before you buy them if you have a way to do it. I am using a BenQ flicker free and I can tell you that this is a dud because it is not flicker free. I have seen people complaining about buying monitors listed as flicker free and they aren't. I think Iris is good for controlling color temperature though.
    seanb4 likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Silver

So Noctivia will be available some day, but it is not available now.
    I am using product that is available now but it is 10x concentrated relatively to what Noctivia will have.
    All it takes is to dilute it.

I have posted more information on another post, when replying to someone who made numerous nightly bathroom trips.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

seanb4 likes this.
  18. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

Thanks for the info @Jason36

In your testing, for a monitor that is flicker free were you able to confirm that Iris will lower the brightness and change the color temperature without introducing flicker?

What method did you use to test flicker?

I would like to test my own monitors.
  19. Jason36

Jason36 New Member

I guess you could say my test isn't accurate. I am highly sensitive to flicker to the point where I can't even use a monitor or any monitor for that matter. I have struggled for 9 years using a computer with mostly having my computers hooked up to a Plasma TV because CCFL and LED kill me. I can barely look at a flickering screen for more then a few minutes without dying of eye pain. I can even feel the pain if a monitor is in my general vision but I am not looking at it. I have talked with a few people on the Internet with the exact same problem as me and I feel that a lot of people don't understand this issue correctly. I also understand it's hard to know about it when you can't feel the flicker. I have tested two CCFL monitors with IRIS plus one LED monitor that is supposed to be flicker free( I know the BENQ monitor I own is a dud because I have the same model at work and it is flicker free) and none of them worked. I even emailed the IRIS guy and he told me it doesn't work with all monitors. The reason it doesn't work is because lots of monitors use PWM even at 100% brightness. His program he is saying turn the brightness of your monitor to 100% then use the software to turn it down. That will not help if your monitor is flickering at 100% brightness. Alexander Wunsch says using an old cell phone camera is a simple way to test for flicker. Aim the camera at the screen and film it and you will see the flicker. Most new phones have a filter on them so you can't see the flicker anymore. I don't need to do this because I can feel the flicker immediately when I sit in front of a terrible monitor. My recommendation is just buy a flicker free monitor to begin with. I can confirm at work I have used Iris on my monitor at work and it doesn't flicker when I use the software to lower the brightness. If you buy a flicker free monitor you can just dim the brightness without it flickering anyways. I would use IRIS to turn the color temperature down to 3000 at night though not to disrupt your day/night cycles.

I believe more information needs to be done on screen usage and what is the best screen you can use. Hardly any of us can avoid it with our jobs and the poor kids in school these days. I am of the opinion that flicker free is not good enough. All these monitor companies saying their monitors our eye safe and good for the eyes because they don't flicker is ridiculous. All LED monitors our mostly the same in that the spectrum is garbage and it's all blue and no red. If you will pull up a typical spectrum of a Plasma TV you will see a giant spike in red and green. That is why I have never had any issues with these TV's. LED can't produce red or green. I believe that Samsung may have solved that issue with their quantum dot monitors. If you look at their spectrum chart it is almost identical to a plasma TV. Not to mention their quantum dot monitors our flicker free. The red color cancels out blue. OLED is also probably next solution if you can find it in flicker free. If you pull a spectrum chart of OLED you will see a little lower blue and a higher green and red. Alexander Wunsch also mentioned that when using OLED when the device is displaying black you are getting true black and not a closed shutter blocking light which is used in normal LED. Then you are not being directly exposed to radiation of the LED. why-are-guantum_04.jpg
    This is the color spectrum of a typical Samsung quantum dot TV. Now look at the color spectrum of a Plasma TV.
    Spectrum_of_Plasma_Display(Hitachi_42PMA500)_en.svg.png
    I believe the ultimate solution would be for a quantum dot monitor to be made with a 3000 color temperature instead of the typical 6500 that is used. I forget the name of the company but someone at made an E-Ink computer monitor. That would be the ultimate for most of your computer needs and just turn on a second display when you need color. I think the E-Ink was going for around 1300 dollars which is way too much money. My daughter is very educated when it comes different types of artificial light and I always hear about all the nonsense going on in the school. They make the kids all use these cheap netbooks with terrible flicker and high blue light. I bought her clear blue blocking glasses that filter up to 460NM the same ones I wear. She even showed the class when she put the lens of her glasses in the LED light of the projector how it deflects a bunch of the blue. She even tells me she notices when she goes to different peoples houses who use CFL bulbs and LED TV's how much harsher it is then our plasma TV's and Incandescent's. I own 3 plasma TV's because I despise LED:)
    seanb4, Rubicon and JanSz like this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Silver

@Jason36
    It looks like Quantum Dot is the way to go with TV, possibly even using it as computer monitor.
    Any help in finding spectrum chart similar to what you posted for Samsung quantum dot TV
    but for Vizio M60-D1
    I just talked with them, they do not have it.
    ------