1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fixing your clock . . . best tips/advice

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by BJK77, Feb 3, 2013.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Do you wear your blue blockers when you get up? Until the sun rises?

2. freesia

freesia Old Member

I just thought of something.
    I'm not sure when you CT but I found it suddenly much more stimulating if I did it late in the evening. I think this has to do with a big upregulation in protein synthesis (or something similar?)...right after an ice bath. Interesting to me is that this only became a problem this many months in. It definitely started affecting my ability to get to sleep so I pulled CT back to the early evening.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I just went through something very similar w/my BHRT Doc. I finally said eff it, and started following my intuition and increased my Pg myself. he's still hesitant to follow my lead...but I'm trying to teach him, that n=1 is very important when treating individuals....

4. Hope

Hope Gold

About the wifi.....have you checked whether you get wifi coverage from other people? I have started to turn off our wifi at night...and saw that we get wifi from about 10 neighbors.....ugh. :( Perhaps - hopefully - you are far enough away from any surrounding ones.

5. Hope

Hope Gold

endless, would you share what kind of meter you use? where did you get it? I am hoping to find a good/reasonable one...

6. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I'm experiencing this as well with my doc. She just doesn't want to increase my Pg, because my estrogen is falling. My ratio is still bad and my body love Pg. PURE CRAZINESS!!!

7. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Yes, I'm pretty good about that. I've even been getting outside to do some earthing or, if the ground is snow covered, hugging some trees!

I've found I definitely have to CT in the mornings or I can't warm up enough to fall asleep. It also does seem to energize me, so the mornings is just the best time for me :)

I did order Prometrium on my own and was just planning to start using it vaginally, but then my cycle started . . . or at least attempted to start anyway and I've always been told to stop the Pg for my cycle . . . which is probably partially why my sleep goes to crap during my cycle, but there's more at play here this time since my sleep has been extra sh!tty for the last couple of weeks now.

Our neighborhood homes are on decent sized 1.5-2 acre lots and, while I think we can pick up a very small signal from one of the neighbors, it's not strong enough for us to actually use it to access the internet. Our router can detect it though . . . not sure what we can really do about that.

I think I'm just so desperate for sleep at this point. Depression is starting to slip in. When you feel like you're doing pretty much everything you can and things are going downhill fast, it's tough to see the light. I haven't watched TV in over a year (excluding the occasional movie during daytime with the kids), I'm really limiting my internet use and I have a strict no electronics policy from 7 PM on . . . just not sure what to try next.

8. kathylu

kathylu Gold

This is not a flippant suggestion...why not try drugs? Maybe a few days of Ambien would get you to a place where you have the energy to really attack this issue. I know it's just a bandage, but sometimes you just have to stop the bleeding.

9. endless

endless New Member

I used a TriField meter...I borrowed it from my NDs office but it's just like http://www.amazon.com/Trifield-100XE-EMF-Meter/dp/B00050WQ1G this one. The only thing is it doesn't measure wifi or smart meter type signals, apparently you need a more sophisticated one for that.

10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Well Dzugan is finally listening... only he didn't quite get the full msg. I told him I was taking 2ml of pg across the day... he thought I said 2ml 2x/day. he just increased my program. I'm gonna let it ride and see where we're at... a win is a win....

11. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

That is a huge win. Better to have more Pg just in case it's needed for those of us who know how to monitor it ourselves. I wish my doc would do that for me. She lets me do that w/thyroid because she knows I will do it anyway. Now I'm trying to figure out how to take my compounded USP micronized Pg (w/acidophulis) 100mg and use them vaginally so I can increase the potency. Not sure if it needs oil like the Prometrium of if I can just use them as they are.

12. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

ITA - sleep issues are debilitating (I know all too well). The book "Fatigued to Fantastic," which has a lot of the mitochondrial RX outlined in it discusses the critical importance of sleep for HPA axis depression issues and healing (the book is about fibromyalgia). A lot of the info in his book overlaps with JK's info, so it's a good read that condenses some of the issues to be very understandable. Anyway, he is a big proponent of using drugs to help obtain, and maintain 8-9 hours of sleep/night uninterrupted. I'm pretty sure JK would disagree with this POV, but I think different perspectives are meaningful and need to be evaluated. Plus, for me, when things get bad enough, I start to think about quality of life, versus quantity... Who cares about optimal if you can't even reach functional?

13. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Is it just me, or does it seem like a bunch of us are having a particularly hard late Jan--early Feb.? Things that were ticking along don't seem to be doing the job anymore....perhaps the road blocks will ease up as the light increases for any Northern H. people. Some times endurance is the name of the game.

14. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Big knit twit: I'm with you on quality over quantity sometimes!! It's about quality for sure...and sometimes 'ya just gotta do what ya gotta do'. Of course I would never advocate weird sleeping pills but at least out of the world of supplements maybe it's OK from time or what the person's needs/situations are.

Don't forget, Jack uses different supplements at different times depending on his case/situation. (But he needs to stop saying absolute sentences like: "You think your life is stressed? What I did o let me tell you is WAY more stressful than ANYONE can imagine" (A response to a question which did not even imply I said I was having stress in my life...) Or, when he states so boldly back in September that he is supplementing D3. Then says (January) I NEVER need to take D3 any more. Wow...OK well don't contradict yourself like that. There's nothing wrong if you need to take D3 at a time or if you need to start putting d-ribose in your coffee....it's OK and it doesn't mean 'you're not optimal' or something like that, but don't turn around and contradict yourself just so you can make the other person asking a question etc. JUST so you always seem like the 'know it all'.

Sorry but I have a lot of venting about this attitude lately....I won't lie I feel benefit from his knowledge but he's not the only one out there who 'knows things'.

15. freesia

freesia Old Member

I had wondered the same thing! I am in the Sthn hemisphere and I am happy to see the days shorten a bit so you guys can get a bit of upswing going up there...if that's what it takes!

My big challenge was finding CT suddenly get kinda stimulating and I even wondered if there might be a CT/long light cycle conspiracy going on down here. :D

16. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Just some ideas for you to consider. Do you know if you have methylation defects? Not just the most commonly talked about MTHFR 677 & 1298 but the various others (CBS, BHMT, etc)? I'm still struggling to fix my sleep and I'm now hoping that working on my methylation problems will help. I am also considering hypnosis. I wonder if my body got "used" to the pattern of waking frequently when I was hot flashing and now can't break out of it. It feels a bit like grasping at straws but I'm trying all the avenues. I will say a couple of things have helped, at least a little. Taking phosphatidylserine before bed seems to have helped me get to sleep a bit easier and back to sleep when I wake. And switching from ubiqunone to ubiquinol may also be helping. Not enough but at least headed in the right direction.

Hang in there - I know lack of sleep is tough.

17. Huck

Huck Silver

I started having problems in October, but I think that may be because I had been getting heavy sun to get my testosterone and vitamin d up. According to my labs, both fell drastically between the end of August and end of November (about 3 months). I think it might be a possibility that other people, who had not done heavy sun dosing, had a more gradual reduction in steroid hormones and vitamin d. Labs should show what's going on.

18. diane

diane Gold

Funny, once you posted that, I realize that a number of people are complaining about migraines on FB - all at the same time. Coincidence?

19. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Hi Lyndra,

I've been meaning to do some research on methylation defects, but I just haven't been able to focus enough lately to do so - this whole lack of sleep thing is kind of frying my brain ;) Do you know of any great sites that have the cliff notes version I could easily understand? I asked an Ask Jack question a couple of weeks ago about my histamine intolerance and this was his response:

"Histamine also has a link with methylation and you also mentioned you have a VDR.......I am wondering do you have a slow methylation defect without the 677 or 1298 because you use the CP system to replenish ATP too much? Not sure.......but Quercetin is the way to go and you can dose escalate it"

Honestly, I can't make sense of a single word of it at this point! I'm planning to ask him to give me the English version at my next consult! BUT, you now have my interest piqued with mentioning the methylation problems and their relation to sleep issues.

Sooo, any dumbing down of this whole methylation issue you can give me or easy to understand resources would be super appreciated. Thanks!

ETA: I did have a 23andme done last year and I *think* some of you said you can find out about methylation defects on there, right? I never saw that in the report though. Can anyone advise me on what specifically I should look for? Thanks :)

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator