1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fixing your clock . . . best tips/advice

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by BJK77, Feb 3, 2013.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

For those of you that have had success resetting your clock or even those who are desperately working on it like me, what has your plan of attack been? I feel like things are getting worse for me instead of better and yet I'm at a loss for what else I can do.

I started obeying the light cycle last fall by wearing orange glasses and turning off all electronics when it got dark. That got a bit harder to do in the winter because of the kids homework - my daughter's is all done on her laptop now. We do still make sure it's done by 7 PM though and lights are out at that time. We all just sit around a small propane lantern and read until bedtime around 8:30-9:00. I also wear my blue blockers starting at 6:00.

I make sure I go outside first thing in the AM to watch the sunrise and get light in my eyes for at least a full minute. These days I've been trying to add in some earthing along with this too (unless the ground is snow covered like today - I know it would be great to do, but my toes can't take it). If I can't earth outside, I'll go down into my basement since it has an unfinished concrete floor. The only trouble I run into here is that I have to wake up and start getting ready for work BEFORE sunrise, so obviously I have no choice but to be exposed to some light prior to the earthing/natural light.

We turn off wifi overnight and I'm contemplating turning off the breakers in the bedrooms. I was using a grounding sheet, but now I understand Jack isn't too fond of them, so I've removed it from the bed and I'm considering the magnetico pad, but it's a bit pricey! If I knew for sure it would make a difference, I'd jump on it though.

I still eat my BAB every morning. My one problem is that I rarely finish my dinner 4 hours before I'm ready to crash. I don't get home from work until 5 PM and like I said above, I'm ready for bed at 8:30-9:00!! Wearing the blue blockers and reading by the propane lantern just makes me soooo sleepy.

What else can I do? My latest cortisol shows my nighttime number to be slightly high whereas 6 months ago it was normal. I just got back a salivary melatonin test too and it sucks! Results were so low they're not even on the chart . . . I'm desperate to fix this. I need some decent sleep. Odd thing is I was sleeping well just a month or so ago and now it's all back to crap and I can't think of anything negative I'm doing that should be making this difference.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you do not know what is the cause I am betting large $$$$ it is EMF (which you cant perceive but it hurts you) or artificial light.........(most likely)

3. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Skip all usage of iPads or anything "smart" that uses touchscreens... Our skin is a big organ that do not work great with that kind of input. Where do you live? As Jack said, EMF is a really shitty thing. What i did eight years ago was quit my job in sales because i did not stand in any more, to much computers... They made me a techjunkie. Do reconnect to the old fashion nature if you can, walk in the woods, sit by the sea, simply start small... If you do trips each and other day i think your clock will start to work a little better, it for sure did for me. If i do feel "off" i often end my day sitting in the sunset and watch the stars until i cannot keep my eyes open. But much come down to where you live and if you can escape from EMF and other modern stuff easily...

4. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

One more little thing... Get som nice music, not any Lady Gaga style but som classical music. The music they made back in time did have many good qualities, think how complex tunes they made because many of them had a good connection to nature. Because they use real instruments they get alot of odd resonanses that makes us feel deep in our souls, we reconnect with that era.

[video=youtube;SFKBi15o9hI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFKBi15o9hI[/video]

5. freesia

freesia Old Member

My plan of attack started with Leptin rx -- up at sunrise and sleepy at sleep time. Blueblockers after sundown. Sounds like you've really got most of that well covered. :)
    You didn't mention CT though? That's personally been huge for me.

Re earthing overnight, I'm not sure what the problem is from Jack's perspective (I know he'll clear it up in the blog) -- anyway, I was grounding through the wall outlet but right now my husband is getting ready to get under the house and put in a copper stake and bring a wire up through the floor. While he's down there he's putting a cable into the bedroom so I can plug my laptop in and lose the wifi (so pleased about this because wifi has bothered me for ages)...and a phone jack too so I can have an old style phone and lose the nasty one.
    I don't mind a bit of retro!

Anne.

6. It sounds like you are doing quite a bit already. Remember it's a journey. One thing I have noticed for myself is that if I don't get the BAB within 30-45 min I seem to upset the apple cart and have a rough night of sleep. Timing, timing, timing is everything. It's so hard to get everything in during the sparse morning hours for me. Still working on that.

prAna, love your idea of the music. Pachelbel's Canon is great in any form IMHO.

Starfish Prime likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks PrAna - I love classical music. I also find using my ipad is even worse than my laptop - don't know why

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

BJ - are you eating later now than you were a few months ago when you were sleeping better? For me - the perfect time is around 4:00pm for dinner and I am pretty sure that it was mentioned somewhere?? I am also wondering about foods that are inflammatory - that we don't really notice - but are causing us problems. I eat very simply now - so I notice quickly when something is off. Liquid stevia was causing me real problems....

9. Janelle22

Janelle22 New Member

I'm new to this all, but I have a tip, from Mark's Daily Apple actually. I'm almost always on my laptop studying after sunset and have used this program : http://stereopsis.com/flux/ to stop blue light emission from my laptop. It's a really cool program. The lighting is normal during the day time and then it slowly turns an orange hue right at sunset. I love it because it gives me a visual cue, should I be on my laptop at that time, as to when sunset is beginning and it does really seem to help. I, of course, turn off my overhead lights once I see my laptop light dimming/turning orange.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes - that works really well .....

11. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Many things...

You use your fingers to touch a surface, it´s a direct hit with EMF and other stuff. Another thing to consider is the simple way of using your hand, it´s a complex thing that should do complex things otherwise we get bored, stressed and burned out.

http://blog.exuberantanimal.com/smart-hand/

12. ashryn

ashryn New Member

inverting the colours on the ipad helps reduce the white light glare at night.. But wear your blue blockers too.. And type only with your 'wrong' handAnd put it on the grass in front of you instead of your lap ... Incidentally, I notice that when I use my ipad on the grass, the battery discharges more rapidly.. I should do some control studies to see if it is really true, or just a coincidence.

13. TheKid

TheKid Gold

One thing that Jack suggested for me was that I establish an evening routine that is calming and conducive to good sleep. My takeaway from that is that just wearing blue-blockers might not be enough for many people. You may want to really settle things down as the sun sets. Therefore this may not be the time for animated conversation about healthcare reform, loud music, action movies or other things that are more "wakeful" activities. Engogenous oxytocin in the evening would, however, be a great idea. :)

So for me, I do my best to stick to my "wind it down" routine. Although I must admit that I am struggling as well. I have raging adrenal fatigue that seems VERY resistent to resolutions. In addition to my nightime routine, I always stick my head out the window in the morning to get morning sunlight in my eyes.

14. LinD

LinD New Member

Curious to know what time everyone is actually getting into bed to sleep... you know, shut the eyes (I use a night mask).... and then what time do you get up?Since I start work at 7am, lately I am getting very tired by 9pm, and in the bed (with eye mask) and going to sleep at 9:15 or so. Sometimes it is later, but I try to go to bed earlier. I wake up earlier than needed before 6am to get ready and work at 7am. Thank goodness I work from home so I don't have far to go!

15. I usually crawl into bed around 9ish and read for 30-60 min then throw on the eye mask and snooze off. I get up between 5:30 and 6 in the morning. I prefer 8-9 hours of sleep but sometimes 7-1/2 has to do!

16. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Went to bed last night immediately after the Super Bowl ended. Sleep quality decreased some. I have noticed the same effect when I watched a Sunday or Monday night football game also. Hmmm .... guess watching a game at night is more stimulating than I thought. Wearing blue blockers and all lights off made no difference.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The new TV's emit massive EMF's...........

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've been following my instinct on TV - and since last fall I've stopped watching it, except for in the mornings for traffic and weather for my commute. and football on sundays.

I've always been a fan of watching the news, and we always watched in during dinner... now we just don't turn it on at night. I used to record a bunch of shows I loved to watch - and I haven't watched the shows in close to 8mths - so I deleted them off the DVR.

DH still watches his TV shows on the weekend after everyone goes to bed - which explains his labs... he doesn't know that, but I'm gonna let Jack tell him that...

One thing we've done over the past 2 mths, is limit the time the kids watch TV, play on the ipad doing school stuff, and doing school stuff on the computer...

I've been pushing the kids to go outside and play outside more. Chaos is now refusing to come inside, and is begging to go outside and play regardless of the weather... so I'm sending her out in what ever she's wearing... she doesn't have to wear shoes/socks if she doesn't want to Havoc is up for just about anything...

19. endless

endless New Member

Mine doesn't....at least nothing measurable by the tri-field meter. Only at about 6 inches. The compact fluorescent desk lamp was 10 times worse! I was quite surprised.

20. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Thanks for all the tips. There are some great suggestions in here! Unfortunately I really think I'm already doing most of them, but I did learn a few new things to try.

I just can't understand why it seems like all the progress I did make is disappearing. It used to be in the past it took me a good hour to fall asleep, but then I would at least stay asleep through the night. As I started the leptin rx, added in BHRT and CT I found I could fall asleep faster and sleep . . . now I have no problem falling asleep, but I just can't seem to stay there. This waking around midnight and not being able to go back to sleep until 4-5 AM is really sucking the life out of me! I have to get up at 5:30 for work!!

I think we do have a good nighttime routine - like I said, we all read by a small propane lantern for about an hour and a half before bed - NO electronics at all. I also wear my blue blockers as soon as it gets dark out. Here's hoping it's just a phase that will pass soon . . .