1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Five year old with stomachache and headache

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by cabiria, Feb 27, 2013.

1. cabiria

cabiria New Member

My 5 year old daughter has been complaining of nonstop stomachache and headache for about 6 weeks now. The pains seem to be mild as she is continues to do her usual routine. Around the same time she developed a nervous tic of pulling her shirt away from the neck (in front) and shrug her shoulders at the same time. Also, she says she feels like " there is an earthquake all the time" -- she's never experienced one, but at school they've been doing some earthquake exercise drills. She's about 45" tall and 44 lbs. She is not yet eating a full epi paleo diet -- still eats rice, potatoes, yams, and has the occasional pizza at birthday parties. Her doctor said the tummy and head ache are not related, and very common in kids, as well as the nervous tic. For the headache he recommended to see an eye doctor.

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I wonder if pulsed EMF might be an issue.

3. diane

diane Gold

Funny, when I was mentioning some of the EMF stuff to a coworker (got her to watch the movie Resonance), she mentioned that she has a friend who's daughter had migraines that they couldn't figure out. They had to get rid of cell phones, wifi, etc. and her headaches went away.

4. SeaJane

SeaJane Gold

My daughter has had these symptoms (headaches, stomach aches and tics) at different periods over the last few of years. It started with stomach aches, then tics, and then a period from last June into November when she had a mild headache almost every day. We are free of all of them with the exception of minor episodes of tics when she is particularly stressed. We addressed them in a number of ways including increased seafood (she was already paleo), energy work, being strict with the light cycle (she has her own orange glasses), starting methylfolate and methyl B12 in the fall (she has methylation issues) and recently cutting back on EMFs, doing some grounding, and adding mitochrondrial Rx. Yesterday, in a consult with Dr. Tim Jackson, he confirmed my suspicion that her set of snps leads to low dopamine which is associated with tics, and he said that often kids with tics are more sensitive to EMFs. Based on what I've read here, what Dr. Tim said, and what has relieved her symptoms, I am sure my daughter was/is electron deficient and that is the source of her symptoms. Personally, I wouldn't buy what the doctor says as I think they are likely linked.

5. cabiria

cabiria New Member

Thank you so much for all the replies! This is more help than I got from my pediatrician. SeaJane, I believe the same way as you do, in that the symptoms are linked. We've seen the eye doctor, and no problems there, as I was expecting. What is puzzling to me is that she started having these symptoms after we started to be more strict about the paleo diet. I was wondering if she was getting too stressed about it, and that triggered the symptoms...She was eating quite a lot of seafood before the symptoms started (mostly smoked salmon, sushi, and shrimp), and I was considering cutting these down a bit at a friend's suggestion that have too much PUFAs (http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturatedfats.shtml). I will be definitely looking into all the issues you raised, SeaJane -- thanks again!