1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fitness Gains?

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Evo Mama, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Just wondering what you all are experiencing regarding fitness gains on the CT protocol.

I've been doing the Leptin Rx and CT for over 3 weeks now. My only workouts have been walking (as per the Leptin Rx protocol). Out of curiosity, I observed the following:

Push ups: Before LRx & CT, I could do 15 girl push ups, and 3 normal push ups. Last weekend, I tested and could do 8 normal push ups.

Chin ups: I've NEVER been able to do a chin up, EVER. Early this week, using my iron gym, I did a chin up with just a tiny bit of assistance (my feet against the door frame), and could hold myself for several minutes at the top.

I'm astounded that I've seen such progress without really working out at all.

What have ya'll been experiencing?

PS - I should mention, this wasn't even right after a CT session, which I do at night. I did both of these tests around 4pm.

2. Dave

Dave New Member

That's awesome progress - congrats and keep up the good work!

I myself have been training forever and have been significantly stronger in the past (although a lot heavier w/ more fat) so it's tough to say for sure, but during the 2nd week of CT I did get a lifetime PR in the overhead press for my current body-weight. Lately I've hit a slump in both lifting and CT (only the 3rd week) but I believe that's b/c there's some detox going on or at the least it exposed a few potential problems for me to look into (thanks to Dr. K's advice).

Probably in a month or so I'll be wishing I've done this stuff my whole life despite the current slump.

I started LRx at the same time and I believe that's made a huge difference (~20%) in my blood glucose levels (I have T2DM).

3. Cody

Cody New Member

I posted about my gains in the CT forum.

But I'm able to do 10 good form full pushups now, a month ago, I couldn't do any (in good form or even go all the way down).

My arms are also much bigger and more defined. Less fat, more muscle. Good sign.

4. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I could do 8 proper push-ups before CT. a month later, with daily CT, I could do 14. I did not do a single push-up in that month, so didn't practice for it.

Did my first pull-up and chin-up, unassisted, after 3 weeks of CT. Never really practiced for that either, but was completely unable to do it prior to CT.

I double my squat in 3 sessions (I do legs once weekly at the gym).

5. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Thanks for sharing guys!

I'm gonna try to wait a few more days before testing again, but I'm super impressed thus far.

After I finish the reset, I might have to join a gym for some decent heavy lifting.

6. Hidan

Hidan New Member

Hello everybody,...

I read out all the posts and all the posts very informational about the fitness gain.But i think HCG diet is

the best solution for gaining fitness and weight.Gym an weight lifting more effective for good fitness.

7. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

I haven't had any fitness gains that I'm aware of since starting CT. I'm probably not cold adapted, but maybe getting close based on some personal observations.

If anyone is claiming fitness gains it should be noted that you'd have to be tracking your program pretty closely for a long time, like maybe 1-2 years, to be really sure, unless it is some enormous undeniable gain. And then to attribute it to CT that'd have to be the only variable, for example I know that CT is part of an ongoing effort to correct circadian mismatches, and proper light exposure is another. If you have recently started sleeping properly for the first time, whether this was made possible by CT or not, then that is a major confounder.

jesse

8. Jim

Jim New Member

I think I meet the criteria Jesse.

I have been on the reset for a while (Nov 2011) but started CT in Feb. My workout is basically unchanged and I have been doing it for years. I do 5 minutes of warmup on a recumbent bike then do my lifting routine. Since starting CT I noticed that my heart rate (HR) on the bike's HR monitor doesn't go as high as it used to. Typically I would break 100 BPM towards the end of my 5 minute warmup (at the same difficulty level). Now after CT it barely gets to 90. I attribute this fitness gain to CT.

Jim

9. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Thanks Jim. I'm still sucking wind over here. Given that I believe there are performance gains to be had my current thinking is that I've been overtraining by combining daily CT with 2-3 workouts a week. I would never do intense exercise daily so why do intense CT (note, intense is relative) :)

Thanks for the response.

10. FF_BC

FF_BC New Member

In BW exercises I've been experiencing some gains, though I'm not sure if they're from loosing weight or actual gain in strenght. In non BW exercises I've also had some gains, but I've been experiencing gains since I started lifting weights 3 months ago :)

I believe I will measure my gains in how fast I reach 2xBW in Deadlifts and Squats compared to other non low carb, non fasting, non CT:ing people. I'm currently at 1,3xBW in deads and 1,2xBW in squats...

11. puddles

puddles New Member

wow great work man. keep up the spirit!

12. Stephen

Stephen New Member

That's probably a good way to measure your progress because 3 months of lifting is all beginner gains which should come easy and quick for a healthy injury free person with any sort of reasonable effort.

About 3 years ago as a non-CT'ing person I hit a 2 x BW deadlift after about 6 months of focusing almost entirely on getting stronger in the deadlift. Within 10 months I pulled 182.5kg @ 80kg BW. My all time 1RM PR is 200kg at about 85kg BW. The deadlift goes up quick if you focus on it.

Right now I'm CT'ing and working on my back squat with the goal of a 2 x BW 1RM at or below parallel and 1.5 x BW x 20reps. In theory CT'ing should allow me to recover better/quicker and thus squat more often a la John Broz.