1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fish Cookbook?

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Jul 21, 2012.

1. I have an excuse to go buy a real book! I want to find the quintessential seafood cookbook. . something that shows how to process whole, and all the gory details along with amazing food. Got any ideas?

2. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Not specific to fish, but Joy of Cooking has a section on fish cleaning with illustrations. It also details how to pluck, draw & dress poultry, should you ever need to do that. Also a section on various meat cuts. Now if only the print weren't so small...

3. Hmm, I have that one already - I am pulling it out.

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I like Hugh Fernley Wittenstall....English guy who is trying to reform that country's diet through organic, local, homegrown, home raised everything. He is a fish fanatic and has fantastic recipes for things that most people don't eat. Loads of books, dvds etc. You can order from his website. "The River Cottage Fish Book" has lots of recipes that work for North America. He likes to smoke his own eels in the chimney...stuff like that.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jack Kruse has a cookbook. Great recipes, nice pics. Should be updated very soon.

Hint.

6. Linz

Linz Gold

Any (or all )of Rick Stein's books.

7. Melinda

Melinda New Member

The Stein books look good at amazon but he looks so poorly. He must be washing all that seafood down with boatloads of pasta or something, poor man.

8. Linz

Linz Gold

I see what you mean but he is a real advocate for high quality food and speaks and writes about it with passion and his restaurant is amazing.

Madhur Jaffrey also has some great recipes for Indian spiced fish and shellfish although they are only a small part of her books. The spiced vegetables are good too with a little manipulation of the fats.

9. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Julia Child's cookbooks all have classic French seafood preparations (read "drenched in butter"). I'm a sucker for classic French cooking. Ummm...skate wing in butter garlic and herbs. Ummm...Dover sole in butter. Ummm...cocquilles St. Jacques a la provencale (butter, wine and herbs...).

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jack's Summer update to his cookbook is out!

11. Melinda

Melinda New Member

Where? I thought once you bought it the upgrades would show up in our email inbox.

12. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Yeah, I bought the cookbook months ago and I have not been able to figure out how to get the updates either. Oh well.

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I got an email with a link.

Maybe I'm special? Not. :)

14. Coriander

Coriander Silver

How special are you? Did your link work? Mine doesn't.

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hmm. Did you get a "unique discount code" in your email? Perhaps you could go to the link on the home page to buy the book, click Buy Now, and paste that code in the discount code field, on the shopping cart page? When I pasted the code, and clicked Update Cart, it zoomed over to the download page, and didn't ask for money.

16. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Yes, I got a code, but it doesn't work. I tried via the homepage, but that didn't work either.