1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

First Experiment Ketosis

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by persistence, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Jude

Jude Gold

Sooooooo, if irc the beauty of ketosis is that it provides the correct ""environment ""( for the want of a better description) to allow for the PPP pathway to kick in?

But....poor redox = our hormones are not coherent .....no PPP? right?

So, being in ketosis is the beginning, the basic building block that enables the mitochondria to start back on the road to recovery and gradually as we look after the 3 "legs"...redox improves, coherence achieved, health regained:D.

So, trying to tease out the relationship between one being in a state of ketosis but still not able to reach the PPP. It's a limbo state? but one that provides for positive resonances and allows for return to normal functionality.....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  2. Josh

Josh Gold

From Lyle McDonald's 1990's manual for ketogenic diets....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Jude likes this.
  3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Have read this thrread with interest...

I had this drink for breakfast at 4:30 AM this morning and it was great. Lasted me an entire 8 hours and could have made it another 1-2 hours.

4. Cristi Vlad

Cristi Vlad New Member

Ketone levels would be lower in the morning due to the elevate cortisdl levels

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Paleo has has a higher floor than a SAD, but the Epi-Paleo Rx has a higher ceiling for wellness.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. victor_dan

victor_dan New Member

I don't think oil helps much with your experiment. Besides lowering the bad cholesterol levels and making the liver secrete bile, I don't see any reason why to put it in your tea. Also, oil should decrease the levels of sugar inside the blood/tissues, which is really good. How did diarrhea manifest? (when, how long, did it cause pain/irritation)?
    Some types of food are hard to digest.
    I hope you have good results with your experiment. :) ;);)