1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fighting for Optimal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by adam_, Mar 23, 2012.

1. adam_

adam_ New Member

Long overdue that I took responsibility. Shit's about to get real.

I've been dabbling in paleo for about 12 months, but have struggled with making it an all or nothing pursuit - as soon as I'm falling short of perfection I nose-dive through self-sabotage and undo any progress I've made.

I don't know if I'm leptin resistant, although given that I'm carrying a lot of fat in my stomach, as well as being 50+ pounds overweight, I think it's more than likely. In addition, years of thermogenics I suspect have fatigued my adrenals.

I'm done with treading water, and ready to make some long-term changes, to fight for the optimal health I deserve.

The best I've ever felt was when I was following the Leptin reset protocol a few months ago - by having a BAB I wasn't thinking about food until the evening. This was great - I don't want my day revolving around food.

So, I'm aiming to lose 50lbs, improve energy, get rid of carb/sweet cravings, repair hormone profile.

I'm planning on doing this by starting over with the leptin reset, starting CT, and getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night.

2. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Wonders how Adam got on. Such a shame that so many have started journals and left them in mid air. I won't be committing to one until I feel ready to commit to the reset which won't be until I've finished Jack's book and tried to read as many of the blogs as I can.

3. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Fair enough :) It's interesting comparing journeys/journals. Of those I have read through so far, those with the most problems seem to be the ones who are keeping journals up to date. It's a shame that if others are succeeding they aren't documenting it so that others would be encouraged.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

There has been a couple of people that don't post at all. I remember one woman came on a year later and she wrote the most amazing post and she had lost 100lbs and had improved her health tremendously. Everyone does it in different ways.
    Everyone's n=1 is totally different ....

JK always says "when you become sick and tired of being sick and tired"

We all have to turn our own titanic around ....we have the tools here....we just need to be fully committed .... our head in the right space....

I think it is so great that we can take a crack at learning all this stuff in Dr. K's blogs. It gives us power to do what we need to do.....but we can only help ourself .....and then be a positive role model for others.

I see that my friends watch me - but I also see that they don't have the necessary commitment ..and they intuitively seem to know that. They are not ready [by a long shot] to give up their pasta and cake and wine etc.

That is their choice...... and this is mine. I love being here and trying to figure this all out ......and I love feeling so much better ...and best of all .... I love being in control of my journey to Optimal health and well being ...:)

I look forward to seeing how far we can take this ..... I can't wait to see what Dr. K. has in store for us.... I suspect we can't even imagine where he is taking us.....