1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Feedback on hacking sunlight

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Green Eyes, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

Would appreciate feedback on my newbie understanding. As I see it, Sunlight is good. There is no substitute for it. That said, my job as a nurse requires me to be at work before the sunrises during Winter. I barely get a chance to pee during the day, let alone sneak outside for Sunlight. While I am working on changing my life, would getting up earlier and sitting in front of a Solor glo lamp for 30 min be of any help or just a waste of time. I do avoid lights after sunset and wear blue blockers at work. Thank all of you, in advance, for pointing me in a helpful direction.

Stian Van Zweden likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

Are you able to catch sunsets?

3. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

I work 10 hrs shifts, so generally I'm not able to catch sunsets during Winter. I do get Sunrise and Sunsets the three days of the week that I am off. I plan to pull off the road and catch sunrises during my drive time to work, once Summer returns. I was thinking using the Solar glo lamp on Winter mornings would be of some benefit. Trying to put this into practice in my personal life.

4. Ted

Ted New Member

Solar glo has UVA and UVB I believe. Those frequencies are not out at sunrise so you don't want to be looking at that light. If you need artificial lights, then an incandescent is your best bet.

5. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

Thanks Ted, for pointing me in the right direction. I will go back and check that out. My brain is not working so fast.....must be all that bad blue light ju-ju