1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Feedback Needed for New Updates and Needs:

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 24, 2014.

1. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

How about a prescription called "Light RX" in the same section that has the "Redox RX" EMF RX" & "Leptin RX".

It would be nice to have all the lighting info in one section with a Light RX on how to optimize:
    • Indoor lighting in the house and around the computer.
    • Description of vitamin D winter and how to figure out how latitude affects how much Sun will or wont benefit you & indoor lighting needs to make up for the lack of Sun specific to when one lives in areas that cause issues.
    • Using red LED therapy and IR LED therapy.
    • Lighting to stay away from and why
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

4. Sona

Sona Gold

Hi
    Great content on the site, stimulates constant reading and learning!
    However, me personally trying to upgrade from Silver to Gold, but proper support is not there.
    Updates and estimated time of resolution will be helpful.
    It is 3 weeks since my first request and I am not sure if anyone works on it and when it will be done.

Thanks
    Sona
  5. JanSz

JanSz Silver

On post of this type post some place
    @Jack Kruse
    that will direct his attention to your plea.

6. Sona

Sona Gold

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They are on it
  8. Curly

Curly New Member

I follow your work because you give me information that I have never heard before but at my gut level makes absolute sense. I then look up your references, buy the recommended books and see that you speak the truth. You can make the connections for me and join things together where I have only ever been given " half truths" from my formal healthcare education. I am sharing your information as I biohack myself and understand it more and truly hope that you are going to change the foundation of healthcare as it currently stands. I am relying on you to point me in the right direction so I can join you in that quest.
    caroline likes this.
  9. Sheddie

Sheddie New Member

I come at this thread from a more 'neuro-social' than neuro-science study framework. A functioning 'wholistic' mind-brain is too rare out there, but will eventually be the most highly valued modern 'creative' person's legacy in this runaway Information Society era. If, that is, the fount of the 'scientific hermaneutics' we have herein isn't suppressed or removed from view... I remind myself frequently that the history of the 'production & distribution of knowledge' has favored deductive reasoning. The design and development of current medical science went to a more 'fill in the blanks' style of research (higher number of publications get in the databases) completely caged in academia and corporate labs. IMHO, the abyss between data and results in the last 50+ years of medical 'knowledge' seems to have seen a lot of poor interpretation of the data, and, poor statistical methods. The future will need an enormous effort (and funding, good luck) to complete meta-analyses of a lot of research and correct the apparent "garbage in, garbage out" problems -- especially as so much that is harmful to health care consumers is taught in medical school and regurgitated in practice for yet another generation. We need 'inductive' reasoners to put it all together when it's more in an information digestion process...

I understand the many perspectives of members here and their hungry preferences for quick, simple, elegant answers. Drilling down deep into layers of understanding is frustrating when we've all been unconsciously media-programmed to get health (and other) fixes in 30-second 'Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz' take-a-pill TV advertising. I'm showing my age but it's still going on at fantastic levels of digital, carrier-wave audio-visual-induced 'persuasion.' It was so much easier to notice the population effects back when the media advertising field was less sophisticated. For example, are parents wondering if exposing baby to Sesame Street might be interfering with brain development for later acquisition of reading & writing skills? Is there, perhaps, one explanation (among many) for the obvious demise in critical thinking skills in the over-stimulated color & sound media aimed at little ones who someday need to have more abilities going on in their heads (for their survival) than being acutely aware of how they 'feel' (gut affect 'intelligence' is soaring here, Millennials and all that!) . This selfie-status ordering of The Individual is so disconnected from reasoned and reasonable interaction with reality that we've become Half-Individual? Oops. Oh, they're perfectly trainable for just about anything in six weeks with an average IQ. But, if something goes counter to or different from such 'vocational training,' as higher education is today, the dismal lack of "education" won't help the outcome. I want my health care provider to be capable of thoughtfulness. Only reading & writing complete school-training into the educated individual. That's largely one half of the brain's potential fallen by the wayside without the brain-benefits of literacy. Yes, about 2/3rds of you will cringe at my sweeping generalizations here, but they are based on above average consumption and interpretation. I'm not wrong, just might not be all that right. The need to question persists, and, tenets that work now might need to be replaced later. Open-minded, doing our best, and forge ahead.

To me, it is easily recognizable that vast ancient to modern information, where the curiosity for Why is located to be retrieved, has to be distilled to practical information -- to assist with the How of taking on, say, the synthesis of circadian biology with medical bio-chemistry. Keeping in mind that the fields of bio-chemistry and medicinal chemistry, I'll suggest, have some wicked lines of socio-political corrupted, or impure, elements throughout their production and distribution. Deductive departmentalization/compartmentalization is the bane of inductive interpretation... Each of us has the human potential to 'whole brain' synthesis of capable human knowingness -- it's just that lately it's like swimming upstream and the current the other way is stronger all the time.

So far, the very newbie that I am, has one 'worry.' I find members' lists of activities toward their individual plan of action enormously useful to start and re-orient me in the practical 'stuff.' Sometimes, I question if a point here and there is 'the best' way of doing something -- mostly because I'm wrangling with the order of solar-cycling and CT-timing. It's then I might ask online 'why-this-way?' I'll still try it myself, pass or fail, not to waste your time. I only seem to be missing self-confidence at this stage (you all going before me and to come are hugely confidence-giving!). I do hope no one will be too shy to point out anyone's possible error if they 'see' it, or everyone might be ready if someone nit-picks some detail for an explanation of 'why?' This is NOT ever to be taken as negative criticism, please. I can't expect Dr. Kruse and perhaps a few assistants to catch any and all errors in my/our thinking -- the kind of 'thinking' we're expressing online using slower reading & writing than a faster podcast, phone call, etc., means of communication!

Update: Once again, I find that... Jack Kruse already said what I'm thinking... "Once you eliminate epistemology and ignore obvious controls.…..you can 'scientifically prove' just about anything to keep the grant money flowing in. That is modern science in a nutshell and it is why nutrition and food studies are worthless to a mitochondriac." (I would add, why much of med school chronic disease training and medicinal chemistry research are not much use to Mitochondriacs!)
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Rela, Phosphene and ScottishEmma like this.
  10. shiran

shiran Curious

Maybe because I'm new Here in the forum ,I'm getting lost in the sea of information. I need more Practical tools to make science a reality that can be applied every day. one huge thing I learned to apply is embrace AM light . now i want to learn the next step . thanks
  11. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

For practical tools you should search for every Rx on the blog, to do so Google this: site:jackkruse.com rx
    shiran likes this.
  12. mmarston

mmarston New Member

Dr. Kruse, If you haven't done so already, please consider collaborating with architects, planners, designers and engineers to re-design educational and healthcare facilities, corporate buildings, military bases, hotels, etc. Monitoring changes will no doubt reveal the positive impact of re-aligning our 'modern' built environments with our mitochondria. Today I was sitting in the break room of a windowless office reading your blog, when I overheard two women talk about losing weight via weight watchers. I politely interruped and suggested that maybe they would have even more success if they got outside the office and into the sun, which I planned to do myself. We have so many building codes for fire safety, egress, and handicap, etc. yet where are the building codes to protect our most precious guides, our eyes and mitochondria? Just a suggestion, but Google is very focused on creating safe environments for their employees, maybe they would be open to your suggestions. Check out these articles: https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2011/08/17/google-pushes-for-greener-buildings-leads-by- example/amp/ and http://dailycommercialnews.com/en-U...ffice-obtains-LEED-v4-certification-1023476W/
    ScottishEmma likes this.