1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Feedback Needed for New Updates and Needs:

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think if we do it........it will be for members and not the general public. The people complaining the loudest were not members. I'd rather support the people who understand hard is hard. I bit my tongue on this issue........because I wanted to explode. Misty told me to shut my trap about it. Health in this modern world requires tough choices and arduous tasks because of what we are facing. Most people do not have gumption to accept this.

The road to success is a fairly long journey. We all live in microwave society, so people generally expect to see success pretty quickly. When they do not see the expected results, they quit pretty soon and bitch and moan about what they "had or have to do" to obtain it. However, successful people know that great success is achieved by working diligently, day in and day out irrespective of the results, because they understand that long term success requires hard work, believe in yourself, have faith in God, total commitment towards your dreams and goals. It is a test of one's character, how strong you are internally to keep doing things, even though you do not see the results straight away.

shiran and tellmisty like this.
  2. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

We're launching a new member login area within the next week or two. Everyone will get a login, and in this area, they will be able to see the webinars that are included in their membership, they'll be able to access their downloads (like the cookbook), subscribe to eCourses, etc. We've got some extra special opportunities with Dr. Kruse for Gold & Platinum members that will be hosted in this space, and we'll be able to do some communicating with these members about things like a Get Optimal weekend.

You all may remember that we had a member area at one time, but we killed it. The developer just didn't build it well and it was buggy. We have rebuilt it and hopefully, it will present fewer issues this time around!

3. kovita

kovita Gold

Misty, how can. i upgrade to gold or silver? I do not see any upgrading link on my profile. Thanks!

4. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

It's the graphic in the right sidebar for Optimal Klubs.

Also: www.jackkruse.com/register

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Misty - that will be great so we can access everything. Thanks to you and your team for all the hard work!
    I really had a great visual of Dr. K. with smoke coming out of his ears!

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I wonder how we convey properly to folks that this isn't a quit fix ......But - Dr. K. did tell me once that not everyone makes it......

I was speaking to a friend yesterday who has had thyroid cancer and is very overweight and very bad knees etc. I tried to gently suggest that she think about going paleo and doing C/T.
    I could not believe how fast she tuned me out and wasn't the least bit interested...
    Talk about no gumption .....and putting everything in the "too hard" basket - and yet she is a very successful woman
    BTW - she does swim a few times a week .... but it has to be a heated pool. Her DH is considered a "know it all" by some - but he understood immediately the significance of C/T - he got it hook line and sinker and tried to tell her ....but she tuned him out faster than she did me!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    nicld likes this.
  7. nicld

nicld Gold

I agree 100%, it is a journey.

I just wish I can get my family to make small changes. My mother and my daughter have mentioned that they were not sleeping well and I suggested that they start wearing blue blocker glasses to get the melatonin levels better, they declined (the daughter even got some for Christmas).

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you want to see the people circling the drain you should sit in an ER........I see them all the time. They are unaware of what they do not know and their providers are unaware of what to do............because no one has taught them that the smallest things really matter. I would hope RobH would chime in here. He is an ER doc.

9. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

This is where we get to do our own spiritual work and let go. We cannot help those who are not open. It's haaaaaaaaaaard, but pushing when they are not ready just increases their resistance.

I am not always the best at this one, but ... at least I try to be conscious.

I feel grateful when someone is open ... it is painful for me to see them suffering and to not be able to help them.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    NeilBB and nicld like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

What I think I am noticing more and more.....because of the massive changes inside and out for me ......people don't even go there. It seems to me that they think it is all about deprivation - I don't eat sweats and don't eat grains etc.
    Yet I have this massive amount of crazy energy and can't wipe the smile off my face ......It somehow doesn't compute for most. That is hard to understand. I don't talk about it all unless someone asks me - but most don't.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

When my DH was so very ill ...... We listened to all the Docs etc. who had been caring for him for years. They were all extraordinary professionals and really cared for both if us in may ways - but - I don't think I would have been too open to any of this even tho I am a very open minded person. We have been programmed to listen to the professionals that care for us and I would have been too scared to go against what they were telling us. There was a surgeon tho who I hated - he was so arrogant and dismissive and I truly did have smoke coming out of my ears one day and I had done my homework. Actually there was another surgeon who was a real piece of work and my DH made short work of him.
    Now I know so much more .....but I didn't then...
    In a hospital setting you get backed into a corner by everyone ......it is very hard to go against all these people that supposedly have your health and best interests at heart......

12. RobH

RobH Gold

All true. So tragically true.

The ER is the final common pathway for the failures in our medical system and a ringside seat to watching the de-evolution of human beings. Many of those who have no real discernible quantifiable diagnosis (per modern medicine and their primary care doctors... when they are able to find one) but have issues that are tremendously real to them (chronic pain, fatigue, hormonal issues, brain fog, etc) eventually show up in the ER for some reason or another, and frustrate us all because we really don't know what it is that we don't know in order to help. We see the devastating results of real diseases every day (heart disease, strokes, dementia, DM, osteoporosis, etc.) that seems to happen to younger and younger people now than they did when I started (a mere 15 years ago). Every single shift I see the human tragedy of the pathway we are now walking.

Many people think of the ER and think of the over dramatized trauma center TV shows (where the doctors never do paperwork or enter stuff in to the computer) but the reality is it's much more dealing with acute exacerbations of chronic neolithic disease than it is heroically saving gunshot wound victims or whatever TV shows it to be.

RobH

13. Josh

Josh Gold

A friend ran the psych ER at a regional VA center one year. It was in the middle of the "our vets are getting the best care...." He became fascinated with PTSD and how little he was empowered to do about it. 20 minutes every 6 months for severe cases is what I remember.

14. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

There is another "final common pathway" for these same folks, Rob and Jack, and its the one I preside over. It's a large academic center "seizure monitoring unit." Approximately 50% of our admissions (7 beds, 365 days/yr) do not end up having epileptic seizures, but instead various types of "bizarre spells" that modern medicine usually has no answer for. Some have a clear psychogenic (PTSD-type etiology). Some do not. Most are "poster-children" of neolithic disease, obesity, insomnia, and inflammation, exacerbated by the over-medicating tendencies of the modern system. I do what I can to point them in a better direction...

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well Neil when I get to the neocortex blog........I think you might have an answer for it.

NeilBB likes this.
  16. Arcole

Arcole New Member

In the past year, my health has become a freaking money pit. I was so delighted to see the new email classes coming out that provide such fabulous information and for FREE! I can't thank you all enough for these.

Nobody wants to go cheap on their health, but even if you are lucky enough to get insurance to pay for some testing, this journey can get expensive---prohibitively expensive for so many. I would love to hear even more about setting priorities. For instance, what order should tests come to help spread investment costs out? If you've got to choose between which supplement to pay for and which to skip in order to buy groceries, which should it be?

The fact that everyone's journey is different with individual needs and situations makes this very difficult I know. But a "fix in this order" flow chart with "ideal/less than ideal/better than nothing" choices might make things easier for people. I would hate for people to get overywhelmed by the information and start wasting money in areas that are much lower down the priority list just because that money was easy to spend instead of holding out for something much more necessary (yep, feel free to look here. I've done it.)

The forums contain a lot of good advice, but it gets really difficult to find reviews of products or people's experiences with supplements when one review post is buried in a pile of hundreds in a thread.

I'm constantly searching for the best bang for my health buck because without results, I'm throwing money up a wild hog's rear end as the system blows sunshine up mine!!

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dr. K. and Neil and Rob ......how much of a difference can you actually make in a hospital setting?
    You have hospital policy and colleagues - and all the rules and regulations and CW.... and all the patients who don't seem to want to help themself.

I would think it would be so much more frustrating/heartbreaking for you - to make a difference ... especially since you know better.

It must seem like lambs being led to the slaughter some days ......

What influence do you have with your colleages?

18. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

I keep trying to find ways to make things easier and more accessible, and honestly... It's just a lot of work. I think our eCourses can help you get traction faster, but that doesn't mean we make it easy. It's just flat hard work.

I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars, and... I think you will save a lot of money and get results faster in the long run by biting the bullet and getting all your labs done at once and working with someone kickass like Dr Tim. The Heal Your Hormones Bootcamp walks you through the "right order" for approaching your own n=1.

The fundamentals of Dr Kruse's protocols are not pricey, really. Good water, amber glasses, cutting wifi, grounding, sun, CT. You can definitely get started affordably, and as you get into things more, learn more about your n=1, you'll see where to prioritize additional investment.

This is just my opinion... Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts too!

19. Josh

Josh Gold

20. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Caroline, I just wrote a long post to thoroughly answer your question, but erased most of it cause I thought it was just too negative to publish in the "non-healthcare provider section." Yeah, it's frustrating. :) But I will say this...

Jack's depth of thinking and scope of integration is unprecedented in my experience. And then, his willingness to then apply and implement his synthesis without waiting for a consensus is exceedingly rare these days. An amazing amount of mental focus, confidence, and courage is needed for all that. It will be very hard to enlist supporters from within medicine for those reasons and more. There's only risk, not much reward for an individual in opposing all the powers of society. The "art of medicine" has mostly already given way to the so-called "evidence-based" approach, which is really a synonym for bureaucratic groupthink based on a flawed biological literature. That is the norm.

There are still some rewarding moments for me though. You just try to chip away patient by patient and try to get them to move in the right direction within their own capabilities. And since I am an educator at a medical school, I do have the opportunity to do the same with medical students, neurology and neurosurgery residents, and epilepsy and sleep medicine fellows. I plant seeds where I can. You never know what might eventually grow. So there is at least some satisfaction in that.

Lahelada likes this.