1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fat for Fuel - new book by Mercola

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Dennis Clark, Jul 5, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Or bowel tolerance.

Phosphene and ScottishEmma like this.
  2. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Funny folks on this forum. A good sense of humor has got to be a factor for optimal health. Just my opinion.

Have fun with your dermatologist, Dennis.

3. Dennis Durost

Dennis Durost New Member

My doc had a pretty nifty replay "Well said..the dermatologist tells you to get out of the sun and the vegetarian tells you there is no good steak!" As it turns out my derm doc is a vegetarian.

Phosphene, Christina Gagnon and drezy like this.
  4. Dennis Clark

Dennis...you couldn't make this stuff up.

If we only get three strikes before we are out, your dermatologist already has two strikes against him.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  5. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

@Jack Kruse I actually had a vivd dream 25 years ago that I woke up and was told everything I was taught in school was a lie and I'd have to relearn everything again. I thought that was a nightmare but maybe it was a tip from beyond.

Phosphene likes this.
  6. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

@Dennis Durost I was actually told by a dermatologist once that I would have to take antibiotics for the rest of my life - thank goodness I has enough sense not to follow her advice.

Jude and Phosphene like this.
  7. Dennis Clark

I had a fun experience at an eye clinic recently. After getting an excellent bill of health, I nevertheless got some advice from the doc. She couldn't restrain herself after noting my dark tan and advised me to be sure to use lots of sunscreen, wear sunglasses, and always wear a hat. I had to bite my tongue. Funny and sad at the same time. Yesterday I did just the opposite: an hour in the mid-day sun, no shirt, no shoes, no glasses - and NO sunscreen!

seanb4, Simon Wright, drezy and 3 others like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Denis this is how I screen docs and people on social media......I judge people by their questions rather than by their answers to me. It helps me cull the herd quickly.

Tara, SunnyDay and drezy like this.
  9. Dennis Clark

No doubt, asking perceptive questions must be a hallmark of critical thinking.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

fat for fails when Krebs bicycle is busted = Joe fail.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My (very pale) dermatologist at Sloan Kettering in Manhattan put me on notice for my dark tan.
    My new dermatologist is an Indian woman that does not shy sunlight and makes positive comments about my suntan.

12. Dennis Clark

Right on, Jack. It seems to me that your comment about Mercola's 'Fat' book also applies to the super-high fat ketogenic diets currently under study for treating cancer (e.g., that Barrow gang headed by Adrienne Scheck). (???) Oh, by the way, the processed ultra-high fat food product in the brain cancer research is based on soybean oil. I'm still thinking that at least one missing concept in treating a mitochondrial energy disorder with diet alone involves deuterium. Virtually nobody mentions the ruination of mitochondria by blue light, circadian mismatches, nnEMF, fear of sunlight, etc., etc. What a shame!

Phosphene likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nice Jan

14. Dennis Clark

That is promising, JanSz. So far I've (mostly) converted one dermatologist. Unfortunately, he is incarcerated. However, his new appreciation for sunlight has influenced many in the prison yard to get more sunlight. Yay!

Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Joe focus is selling into marketing meme and it's profitable. He is OK with it.......I am not. All clinicians have to draw their own lines. Joe is not an active physician.

He is 100%, pure marketer.

So you have to understand that.

Danco3636 likes this.