1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Fat for Fuel - new book by Mercola

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Dennis Clark, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Technosmith

Technosmith New Member

Hey Jack,

I would have thought you would perhaps advocate a sea-food loaded ketogenic diet during winter months in a high blue-lit nnEMF environment for individuals with mitochondrial disease?

However perhaps in cancer, electrons need to be supplied primarily from light as oppose to food?
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light excites electrons.......to program them. The sun does not provide us electrons.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

4. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Technosmith: A few nice surprises in the Vermont talk. Jack reiterates, from many angles, the importance of sunshine over and above anything to do with food. The best part of Mercola's book is chapter 11 ("Other Ways to Improve Your Mitochondrial Health"). This is where to start, not with the food-based Mitochondrial Metabolic Therapy acc. chapters 1-9 (Ch. 10 is about fasting).
  5. Dennis Clark

Drezy...gotta love sphinx time at the start of every day. Right on!
    drezy likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think the July 2017 webinar is very additive to Vermont........really additive.
  7. Technosmith

Technosmith New Member

Yep, on-board with that. However let's optimise both the environment and the food!!

And if " using fats exogenously in foods is not the best choice in cancer",(contrary to what Mercola is claiming in this book), are we now taking about utilising carbs more or simply applying a more moderate approach to both fat/carbs and gaining additional electrons through other means, e.g. grounding?
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

I am glad you've joined us. I want your brain on this side of the fence. Do you notice that you still have an assumption that food is a 100% required part of the equation?
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 3:55 PM
  9. Technosmith

Technosmith New Member

Haha. Thanks Drezy.

If it's in the equation at all, you can't ignore it!
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

I've been paleo transitioning into ketotic over the last 10 years. It still BROKE for me.

I'm not sure what age your are, but I've been told from men that I've worked with 15 years ago that I'm not aging and it's "disturbing" to them. At the same time I knew that the diet focus alone was starting to break for me and I was starting on borrowed time. Yeah you can crash paleo/ketotic diets too, I'm living proof and didn't like it.

I can't ignore it, but if it's less than 30% of the equation I really don't have to fuss much about it either. I'm an uncoupled haplotype in a lattitude that bakes me well and in a rural locale that keeps me from much emf. I just spent yesterday in a full 30 degree latitude sun for 1.5 hours up to solar noon and 1.5 hours after. My results with every personal test I have lead me to believe that I'm as superman as I'm going to be. It really is like being 20 again for me.

FWIW I skipped breakfast and lunch yesterday. Food ain't the answer.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Revisiting this... I spent a ridiculous amount of time and money on that side of the equation. I'm embarrassed of it to be honest with you. It was like convincing people that tea spoons were awesome at moving dirt when shovels were within reach.
    ScottishEmma and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  12. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

I'm right there with you brother. I would spend hours just planning and shopping for our food and supplements here, at least 1000 to 1200 $$$ a month just for the food alone. I won't even say how much $$$ was spent and wasted on all of those "helpful" supplements. I'm not going to beat myself up over it though. I laugh at myself now, knowing and doing so much better. Glad I finally GOT the message!
    ScottishEmma and drezy like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Food counts........but no where close to the top of the list. I think I laid that out in the Vermont talk and firmed it up in the July 2017 webinar.
    Danco3636, Mystic Rose60 and drezy like this.
  14. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

You sure did and a fine job explaining it in detail Jack.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ketosis is not wise in certain cancers. Here is this recent gem from Patreon:
    KETOSIS AND CANCER: You need to marry it with AM UV-A and IR-A light to make ketosis work because it builds melatonin and dopamine in the eye first. This is the critical step in front of the leptin receptor in the central retinal pathways.. Well with your cancer, using ketosis for this specific diagnosis first, is acceptable. But as you know I don’t like settling for acceptable. I want people to understand why different tissues have different rules of quantum engagement. Mitochondrial density and hard core cell differentiation are one. In the brain neurons are at the their terminal pit stop from an stem cell transport. If you employ ketosis alone and do nothing else what might this do to a brain tumor? It might cause de-differentiation. Guess what we neurosurgeons see in grade 1-3 gliomas all the time? DE-DIFFERENTIATION TO A GBM. That is my concern.........a food guru does not go this deep hence my concern for the unripe mind. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3507492/?log$=activity
    drezy likes this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Don't be embarrassed I wasted 30 years of my life on school studying things that dont matter.........
    Mystic Rose60 and drezy like this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Our mistakes help guide us to truths once we fix the dopamine thing.
    Mystic Rose60, Danco3636 and drezy like this.
  18. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

It's a hard one to let go as food in society is a big diver. And yet the fake light burns brighter each day. And the sun and seasons are avoided even more.
    Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Paleo in a blue light world is a step in the right direction but if you live in the wrong place it can crush you still. That was my point I made 6 years ago at the Paleo fx event and the message was not ell received by the Wolf.
    Mystic Rose60 and drezy like this.
  20. Dennis Clark

drezy, Phosphene and Mystic Rose60 like this.