1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

"Fasting Shrinks ECT and Lowers Heteroplasmy" JK

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Danny, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Danny

Danny New Member

2. Danny

Danny New Member

47 hr fast : Started at 130P and Ended at 1230P 2 days later

Ending the first 1/2 day w/o food was my normal for about the last 3 weeks.

2nd day: I decided to skip my one meal and fast. Got a good amount of sunshine this day. Brain was functioning a bit higher and nothing seemed to rock me even though I had, for me what would have been, a stressful work situation later in the day. Got tired early... went to bed at 9P.

3rd Day: Had nausea in the morning. Felt as though was going to vomit. BM relieved feeling a bit. Took 1 charcoal tab, drank water, and got out in sun naked. 2 hours later felt better. A little lack of energy and maybe a tiny bit of muscle soreness. Lower back and upper back/neck usually bother me. On this day the discomfort was almost completely gone. Finished the last day strong after the meal. Over ate a bit, but not feeling it too much.

Ended my fast in a sloppy manner: 2 doz oysters, 5 - 6 oz of ground beef, 1/2 cup of rice w/ salmon roe, approx 1 lb raspberries, banana, 2 dates, and 6 marshmallows (I know that was stupid... but sue me... I was feeling good and it's important to be honest)

Starfish Prime and caroline like this.
  3. shah78

shah78 Gold

MARSHMALLOWS?????? A hallowed 3,000 year old TRADITIONAL AMAZONIAN FAST BREAKING FOOD. Practiced only by the High Priests and Kings.

4. Danny

Danny New Member

I should have known you'd roast me on that one!

Starfish Prime and fitness@home like this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Danny ....were the marshmallows roasted over an open campfire with your son????? that would be excellent in m opinion!

sometimes shit happens! How did you feel after? the day after? That was a great biohack!

You have felt like crap for way too long......

Starfish Prime, Danny and shah78 like this.
  6. Danny

Danny New Member

Thanks Audrey! We did share them, but they weren't roasted. Why didn't I think of that... way more acceptable sounding :). I felt pretty damn good the rest of the day.

caroline likes this.
  7. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Yeah I agree pretty sloppy manner to end your fast with all that food - I'm sure you could have stuffed in a pound of butter as well!

caroline likes this.
  8. Danny

Danny New Member

breaking a fast w/ marshmallows is way better than not fasting and not eating marshmallows in my brief experience :)

caroline likes this.
  9. Danny

Danny New Member

Finished 2nd 48hr fast: A few notes

This time no nausea at all. I realized during my last fast that I had salt and water around hour # 32. Woke up the next morning w/ salty mucus and nausea. Didn't put 2 + 2 together apparently.

I didn't seem to be counting the hours this time. I just went about my day in a more productive way than normal I might add. I ended my fast around 230P this time. I wanted to be fasted while getting sun exposure around solar noon. My energy felt steadier this time... probably b/c no salt induced nausea:) My mental functioning is definitely higher when fasting. I am way more productive and better mood.

Ended my fast in a little more cautious manner: 20 oz frozen raspberries, 4-5 oz of rare salmon w/ dill, few raw beet greens, cooked kale and onions, 3-4oz rare burger w/ dill, rosemary, green onions, few slices of bacon, 2 heirloom carrots, few mulberries from my mulberry tree :), a little dandelion from the yard, an apple and 1 lb of marshmallows (ha! just kidding about the marshmallows- none this time).

Next, maybe a three day fast. Will see how it goes as the UV index climbs higher here.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

How do you feel Danny when eating that much after fasting? In my experience with fasting - they tell you to introduce food slowly ....and marshmallows not until the 5th day!

I have fasted for 12 days and loved it .... would have gone longer but for some reason had to end it - but not because of how I felt.

I had so much energy and I may have been able to understand Jack's blogs if I would have had them way back when!!

Danny likes this.
  11. Danny

Danny New Member

I feel totally fine. As a matter of fact my stomach can handle things, like raw greens, that would ordinarily be a little tough. Now, I've also only fasted for 2 days not 12. That's awesome by the way! Don't know much about the veracity of stomach shrinking phenomenon when fasting.

My MO for now is to find out what works best for me... either chipping away at my % HeteroplasmY w/ 2 and 3 day fasts or going for the longer fasts for maybe quicker results. Is one 12 day fast like 50 two day fasts or does this depend on the individual (assuming you are getting UV)? My hunch is telling me that the health benefits of fasting are exponential. The 2nd day builds upon the first, 3rd day builds upon the second, 4th upon the 3rd... and so on in a non-linear fashion. I'm trying to understand all of this HeteroplasmY stuff in my own way. I have so many questions. Fasting while getting doses of the strong Sun (UV 9) is working well for me at the moment.

Do you remember what time of year you did your fast? Were you getting strong UV? Btw on the 2nd night of fasted sleep, my body feels electric! I have these feel good sensations coursing throughout w/ like a whole body armor of goosebumps. Can't wait to do the 3 day.

12. Danny

Danny New Member

Hour 42 of fast. Hunger subsided, but been fatigued ever since I woke up today. Sun helped some and ACV helped a little more. Gonna try a little nicotine.