1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fasted State Training Stories

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Barry, Apr 22, 2012.

1. admin

admin Guest

2. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Good thread.... I am looking forward to being a part of it, gaining insight and seeing how others progress and use it as part of their training and expression of the Ancient Pathway.

Have worked with and had great success with Leangains. I am actually in one of his testimonials. I have been doing Keto/ Leptin RX and working with CT.

Looking to start back with IF soon again.

16/8 on lift and most days.... (lifting 3 days a week, other days walks, sprints, tumbling, martial arts, swimming, biking, running and fun. Even just plain rest).

Some days I may do up to to 20/4.

I have done 24 hour and up to 48 hour fasting. I did a few longer fasts of 24 hours at the tail end of my Leptin RX and felt pretty good.

Excited about seeing how CT effects my athletics.....

Adding back in carbs I too my cycle it with workouts.... also cycling them with the seasons.....

Not sure of how many carbs to add back as in the past I would have up to 3-400 on training days and VLC on workout days. Sometimes those carb days would give me bloating, gas and even drive my hunger. I may just start with berries and what is in season and in smaller amounts all in just one meal.... That and using protein more so on those days.... Thoughts?

- Dan

- Dan

3. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Thoughts on whey for post training and an occasional treat.

As a treat or thinking post workout meal scoop of chocolate whey isolate mixed with extra 100% cocoa powder in coconut milk, blended/ fluffed up poured over some cocoa nips. May also add in a few cut up strawberries post workout as well.

Do you find whey isolate optimal and part of the "Ancient Pathway" or for optimizing training and adding in protein levels.

- Dan

4. Barry

Barry New Member

Regarding whey, you might want to read this, should be some sort of "search" on the forum that you can use to look up items already discussed.... as the forum grows, there will probably be a lot of overlap, so worth checking

http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?1185-Question-Everything-Upgraded-Whey

5. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Thanks for the link....

So Barry I assume you don't take in whey? Do you not take in dairy or raw grass fed dairy as well. I haven't and do pretty good with out dairy but just thinking of befits of whey as in the post workout.

-Dan

6. Barry

Barry New Member

My concerns with whey for those who are obese or unhealthy and are IR /LR. But for lean healthy people, a good whey has benefits.

I use it and dairy myself . Fermented , grass fed dairy like cream, creme fraiche , yoghurt , some cheese's. Dairy has the benefits of high bcaa's, SCT's and triggers GLP-1. So as long as you can tolerate it and don't suffer from leaky gut etc, it's good .