1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fasted State Training Adaptations

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Barry, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Barry

Barry New Member

Just wrote a big Patreon post on energy pathways in a simple but not simpler way.

I allude to how we might only account for 25% of our energy source through biochemical pathways.... difficult to write in laymans terms. Very few in the sporting world discuss this or are even aware of this area. Your tribe is small Jack, mine is smaller.

Excerpt:

Back to how this makes you a more connected athlete. So if you know that you have several other systems to activate, you will look into the ways in which to do so. In order for the adaptation to occur, the stimulus must resonate.

If those stimuli can come from your nutrition, your training , your lifestyle and your environment, then you start realizing that you've been trapped in comfort for too long. The comfort is the bracketed research/guidelines/recommendations that you think is all you have to follow. But when you start learning about how the human body truly functions and what we still don't know, then you start to look outside the box.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/energ...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Barry
    will your post eventually appear on my
    Member Dashboard?

Energy Systems and Energy Sources
  3. Barry

Barry New Member

its on my Patreon page Jansz...... www.patreon.com/connectedathlete
    JanSz likes this.
  4. Barry

Barry New Member

This shows you where nutrition is at elite/professional level , written by "head of Sports Nutrition" at University of Oregan

a review paper endorsed by all the top academics and "experts"

http://sportperfex.com/blog/
  5. Barry

Barry New Member

"It is one thing to study war and another to live the warriors life"

The Connected Athlete.jpeg
    sfast and Inger like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mitochondriac's don’t concentrate on risks. They concentrate on results in an environment they are hacking. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done for us. This group here used MCT oil to do it but I have not found out yet what they used: photosynthesis or a man made lab version of fat. https://www.channel4.com/news/british-rowers-break-atlantic-crossing-record
  7. Barry

Barry New Member

the man made version of course

more on their diet here: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-the-name-of-love_us_5a244ffbe4b0545e64bf9466
    Leland Stillman likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

One of the most challenging aspects has been adapting to a ketogenic diet plan for the row which means ditching carbohydrates and sugars and focusing on eating as much fat as we can. I’m a bit of a foodie so this has been a real struggle! Having the odd bag of pork scratchings at the pub as a naughty snack is all very well but when you are force feeding yourself 3 packets a day between meals or whole blocks of cheddar, it’s slightly less enjoyable! That said, when we arrive in Antigua and plough into burgers and chips, it will be worth it!
  9. Barry

Barry New Member

10. kris90

kris90 New Member

^ yep, no mention of proton recycling through fasting

Fail
  11. Barry

Barry New Member

Race Update:

winter race season. Sticking to shorter races for now. Full gas. Something the experts say can't be done without carbs.

Race: 9km trail

Wake 7am , drive 2hrs to race. Race start 11am.

Breakfast: 2 x boiled eggs

Result: 4th. 1min off 1st place.

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct and tends to produce ferocity towards those not regarded as part of the herd"

Cratloe.jpg