1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fasted State Training Adaptations

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Barry, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Barry

Barry New Member

Cheerio Jesop

2. Barry

Barry New Member

drezy and Allin like this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Nice. It feels like Taleb's via negativa in vivo.

I still would not be surprised if there is a crowd that would buy regularly auto-shipped fasting breakfasts. Shipping would be cheap. Maybe a piece of paper on the bottom like "Congratulations you're fasting right now!"

[​IMG]

4. Barry

Barry New Member

Yes Drezy, the more 5G there is and the more devices we use... The more likely that is to happen

drezy likes this.
  5. Barry

Barry New Member

More addition:

https://www.viome.com/

Incidently, they are also using AI programs for client coaching services.

So is this the way we are going ? A health issue, complex, but over complicated, treated by a app and AI ?

isn't life just an electron, waiting for somewhere to rest ??

6. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

If you weaken during your 'fast', the cardboard is probably gonna prove more nutritious than most of what passes for 'fast food' these days.

Vegan, too!

LOL.

caroline and drezy like this.
  7. Barry

Barry New Member

Pogo, Jack Kruse and curves2.0 like this.
  8. Penny

Penny New Member

Are we supposed to be fasted if we swim in the ocean in the early afternoon? Most of the time I am, but sometimes my feet lock up - and after that dumping potassium post about triathletes... I was assuming dehydration or lack of magnesium, but the water is heading down to 62 degrees - at the end of this current heat wave I've sure... so just didn't want to have heart failure out there:) I know, not funny - I'm also doing a lot of breath holding exercises - which is really easy to do in the cold... I think I have way more problems if I eat a bunch of carbs, then go in - it's textbook really -

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Barry here is a Patreon target for you: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2017.00806/abstract

Dominic D'Agostino mentioned it on twitter with this commentary.
    "Potential negative effects of ketone diester on performance (and GI tolerability) with 2 x 250 mg/kg acute dosing. Always equally if not more important to highlight negative data. Numerous agents, formulas, dose-responses and fueling strategies need to be tested to determine what may have positive effects and under what conditions"

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is another one to write about:
    In this groundbreaking study of 33 professional and amateur cyclists, Peterson et al (2017) found a high abundance of the genus, Prevotella (≥2.5%) in their gut microbiomes which correlated significantly with total weekly exercise.

Its abundance was highest for cyclists reporting over 16 hours of exercise per week (14.75%) and lowest for those reporting 6–10 hours per week (0.15%). Prevotella was found to significantly correlate to multiple pathways involved in carbohydrate metabolism, and the metabolism of cofactors and vitamins (r = 0.6-0.8).

High volumes of low to moderate intensity endurance exercise may confer health benefits via our gut biomes as opposed to our muscles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmsmsm770nm7of0/AthletesGutBiome.pdf?dl=0

Penny and Pogo like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is nonsense but Barry needs to combat this in his world.

12. sfast

sfast New Member

When I read "performance that was associated with gut discomfort" I thought:

Wow, you can't perform well when you ate something disgusting that gives you the urge to throw up. Interesting.

Jack Kruse likes this.
  13. sfast

sfast New Member

@Barry

Did you read Peak by Ericsson? Nice read and summarises his research on expertise. One part reminded me of you and the imperative of skin in the game:

> And fourth, these fields have a subset of performers who also serve as teachers and coaches and who, over time have developed increasingly sophisticated sets of training techniques that make possible the field's steadily increasing skill level. (...) This joint development of skills and training techniques has -- up to now at least -- always been carried out through trial and error, with a field's practitioners experimenting with various ways to improve, keeping what works and discarding what doesn't. (p.86)

A fine read. And also could serve as a bird's eye perspective on how performance is developed.

Pogo likes this.
  14. Barry

Barry New Member

I do, lots of nonsense. Thanks for these snippets.

15. Barry

Barry New Member

I haven't but I like it already.

This is the basis by which I want to develop The Connected Athlete. There are too many sayers today and not enough doers. Athletes are losing their innate knowledge.

https://www.patreon.com/connectedathlete

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'll post about your Patreon today 10/5/2017 You need to post a follow up comment. I'll do it at 6 PM my time CST.

Pogo likes this.
  17. Barry

Barry New Member

didn't see it Jack ?

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is on my Dr. Jack Kruse page. scroll back. It is there.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Barry you might like this wake up call.

New weekend blog out on the question of why? Why ask why? Could asking why show you why functional medicine algorithms or the meme's of supplement makers usurp nature's messages from our brains? This blog contains some major truth bombs about blue light and nnEMF for you to consider this weekend and I look forward to your comments on it. Enjoy! I am getting ready to hunker down for the hurricane in New Orleans. https://www.patreon.com/posts/14752278

20. Barry

Barry New Member

" It’s easier to fool people “using choice controls” than to convince them that they’ve been fooled"

lots of gems in this one. I have lots of similar lines that resonate.

I'm going to write a good post about this right now.

Allin and Danco3636 like this.