1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fasted State Training Adaptations

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Barry, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you.

When people question my value it immediately gives me the opportunity to let them test their hypothesis of seeing how life is without me in it. After all this is what they are implying.
    Standing alone is better than being around people who don't value you. You have to cut people like this in your network when they tell you truly how they feel.
    Great creativity is not price sensitive. I now spare my advice for those who value it, by using it.
    If you do great work and charge what you must charge what you need for your time. Einstein or Bohr would have never filled in time sheets, nor did they do anything for free. People who question the price/value of dissemination of the first detailed foray into quantum biology belong in Monty Python sketches about lion tamers. Our task must be to free ourselves from poor thinking.........so if you think you can go at it alone, be my guest Peter. Just do not stand in my door way too long here on my free website and block the traffic.

Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around.

Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they'll notice. If they don't, you’ll know where you stand with them and you'll allocate your time with them properly with how they value your information. A lesson here for mitochondriac's: Don't hesitate to walk away from those who fail to recognize your value and worth. You have to have skin in the game too to help yourself avoid energy vampires.
    Alex97232, HenrikB and Richelle Jones like this.
  2. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I vote - The Connected Athlete
    Lahelada likes this.
  3. Barry

Barry New Member

Thanks Dan, was waiting for yourself , maybe @HenrikB and @drezy too ?
  4. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

"The Commected Athlete"

Perhaps some subtitles

"Optimizing Performance Theough Subtraction"
    "Plugging In To Optimize"
    "Connecting the dots to optimize"
    "Using nature to optimize performance"
    "The quantum athlete"
    Barry likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

I like "The Connected Athlete"

————————
    I let this sit in the back of my head but only came up with these stinkers

Ultra XXX /Hardcore Marathon:
    Downside - You’ll get tons of search hits but likely not by your target demographic or anyone you’d want near your sister.

Alight Afield: nice multiple meanings but
    Downside - Might develop arsonist fans.

Quantum Run-nelling:
    Downside - Might catch on someday but only posthumously and even though I just made the word up I’m pretty sure the Hamburgular was run-nelling way back in '86 see

Baryonic Matter or Baryogengesis: It's cool that you share a name with a composite subatomic particle is all.

Supefluidity: Not just a Bose-Einstein drinking game anymore.
    -----------------------
    Barry and HenrikB like this.
  6. HenrikB

HenrikB New Member

Barry, good idea with Patreon.
    Man, what you do and share is beyond words, beyond "connected" :)
    But, yes, connected athlete is good description; interesting, you're asking this today as few hours ago I was standing barefoot on a grass after morning hard run thinking this simple act might be single best thing as far immediate recovery goes—connected.
    Barry likes this.
  7. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

We have that
  8. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

Do YOU mean schizophrenic or MPD? Because everyone has voices in there head.
    Close your mouth(and keep it closed) and think/say hello.
    Whos says that? Who hears that?
    Are you you?
    Who is you?
  9. Barry

Barry New Member

Who is this Peter Jesop guy .. Because he's walked in the wrong door
    HenrikB and drezy like this.
  10. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

I really like the connected athlete too Barry. I'm looking forward to subscribing as well.
    drezy likes this.
  11. HenrikB

HenrikB New Member

"Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular. Stay connected, even when you’re away from your phone."

connected ... what a disaster this is going to be.
    Sean Waters likes this.
  12. Barry

Barry New Member

We are killing ourselves with technology.... most people here know this

I'm going to try and rebuild the athlete model.

But I'm up against things like this:

https://en.enko-running-shoes.com/
    drezy likes this.
  13. HenrikB

HenrikB New Member

free shipping and your joints will thank you — what's not to like?!

I watched recently a Netflix movie "Icarus" and then read an interview with that movie director, https://cyclingtips.com/2017/09/doping-documentary-interview-icarus-director-bryan-fogel/
    When asked what did he notice regarding doping himself with all kinds of things, the guy responded that the biggest gain was ability to recover faster (so he could train harder more often).
    What I've been learning (and experiencing) from you, Barry, and from Dr K and this site, is that connecting is super-charging yourself so effective I can literally feel that process as it's happening (so fast, in the matter of hours). It's so different than what is being preached to "stay off your feet; lay on a couch and watch TV; put some recovery boots and other crazy things, ending on get some EPO."

I've no doubt, you'll have success "rebuilding the athlete model" — there're plenty thirsty for that knowledge people.

Also, wanted to ask you, there's so much talk recently on Froome winning Vuelta after winning the Tour, what do you think? You know way more insights than a regular follower, but telling the truth, Froome comes as someone trustworthy. I know his team, Sky, while being over the top for the clean sport, done many shitty things with TUEs for example, and so Froome being part of it suffers that negative association ... well, I don't know really what to think when I look at it from the perspective that he's beating people that do drugs ... but then, what I said first in this post, if you do things right in life, supercharge has no limits that we know of. What do you think, if you don't mind sharing?
  14. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

Also, wanted to ask you, there's so much talk recently on Froome winning Vuelta after winning the Tour, what do you think? He is modified, and his contract is till the end of 2020 so he will peak only for one year and than he will be motivated till the end of 2020.
  15. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

@drezy would say everyone should get https://en.enko-running-shoes.com it for free. But why not giving everyone also some forbidden fruit like Apple.
    @Barry I'm going to try and rebuild the athlete model. Do you have something in mind?
  16. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

Wrong door? did i missed the sign? Indeed who is peter jesop?
  17. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

Yeah finally someone with something right to say.
  18. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

Just like farmer jack?:

It took a while but now they are riding for my favorite brand TREK. DOWNHILL is only for the crazy people. red bull RAMPAGE
  19. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

what happens in life sometimes when you go to extremes, is that you realize that there are already others who have been there and have gone further than you> And those other people are really fast. And than saying on internet that you are fast. Believing in your own lie. Good luck with it.
  20. peter jesop

peter jesop New Member

Just need to know how !?>can i help?