1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fasted State Training Adaptations

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Barry, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

The more I give up, supplements and the more I chase nutrition through whole foods and nature the better things seem to run.

2. Barry

Barry New Member

Totally agree with you Sfast and Dan

So about 4yrs ago, I stopped using any supplements... not even fish oils or multivitamin

Why ? well for all the things I have discussed and written about on the this blog

Less is more. The body is more capable than we think or realize, if we let it be. It requires suffering, in the acute sense, and adapting.

Yet today, all we want to do is protect and comfort the body. Thats not how we are primally designed.

So I don't take any of this shit. Nor do I stand by it and support its use. It actually inhibits our primordial functioning.

I've been hounded by supplement companies over the years and have said no to them all. Now "keto" is the latest trend, and all these keto guru's want me to get on board.

I'm sticking to my guns as I have always done. It doesn't increase my "likes" or "followers" or cash flow, but I'd rather keep my integrity and stay true to myself.

I haven't been sick or needed to go to the doctor in over 10yrs. I run 100mile races and win them. So thats my evidence base. N=1.

Pogo, Josh Rosenthal, Inger and 6 others like this.
  3. sfast

sfast New Member

I respect your moral integrity which is, unfortunately, rarely found nowadays.

Bonnie likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Barry for the win.

Bonnie likes this.
  5. Pogo

Pogo New Member

Wow. This stuff is all over the place; attempting to cash in on the Keto craze.

Several formerly respected friends have recently been suckered into using, promoting, and marketing this MLM-spruiked garbage. Happy to hear you'll have none of it.

It is primarily just another silver bullet for those who aren't willing to "walk the walk". A fat-adapted ketotic individual could conceivably use it as an "instant" fuel source, but you've been pruving (sic) to yourself and the rest of us, that such is simply not necessary.

This is what people appear to be completely missing in their quest to fast track and/or cheat their way to improvement.

6. Barry

Barry New Member

Pruvit

Glendalough.jpeg

JoeBranca and Pogo like this.
  7. Barry

Barry New Member

Training Update

Today I woke up at sunrise, walked out to my backgarden, frosty, barefoot..... faced east and did some movement exercises while looking at the sun.

I then ran for 1hr, to the beach... water 8C.. and went in for a swim.

I then came home and had some eggs with some sardines.

I spent the day doing consults and tell it like it is.

I've been drinking San Pelligrino all day. Tonight I'm going to cook some salmon with veg.

Then I might head out for a few craft beers with close friends.

Reality 1-6.

That is all......

Joe Gavin and Jonathin like this.
  8. Barry

Barry New Member

Danco3636 likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I listened to it. The podcast guy does not seem to dialed into nature or to ketosis huh? Who is he? I've never heard of him.

10. Barry

Barry New Member

Chris Kelly, English dude living in Cali I think . Co-founder of the business. Nice guy. Reads from the book perhaps ... Told him to get you on his podcast . Says he would be afraid.

Danco3636 likes this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

12. Barry

Barry New Member

PaulG likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Merry Xmas Barry.

14. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

Jack what'd you find from your Biohack with ketones? Bueno or no-bueno?

15. Barry

Barry New Member

Happy New Year Jack.

16. Barry

Barry New Member

"The modern enervation of physical fitness, mobility, and strength is matched by a decline in our overall toughness. Every product is designed to create as frictionless an experience as possible. When we can micromanage the level of our mattress’ cushioning, our car seats are heated, and media content that is even slightly boring can be swiped away in an instant, our tolerance for even the slightest physical discomfort or mental annoyance has grown razor thin. Enduring 30 seconds of cold air between your car and the entrance to the grocery store can seem like a hardship."

I concur

who's signing up ??

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2016/12/21/call-new-strenuous-age/

17. Penny

Penny New Member

Barry likes this.
  18. Barry

Barry New Member

19. Penny

Penny New Member

http://caloriesproper.com/ketoadaptation/

"The magic of a low carb ketogenic diet takes time to develop. During ketoadaptation, the ability to get ATP from fat & ketones soon rivals that of glucose. Mitochondria don’t happen overnight… they take about 3 weeks."

This is why Michael Phelps swims in 55 degree water... it improves his mito... he also uses acupuncture cupping for the IR recovery - the absorption at cytochome IV:

MECHANISMS OF LOW LEVEL LIGHT THERAPY

http://photobiology.info/Hamblin.html

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I thought Barry would go to Bill's page and discuss it more.