1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Far UV fluorescence and paramagnetism in the excited state

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Dylan Petkus, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

So I'm looking at QT26 right now and I thought of 2 things.

I was looking at absorption data of some different molecules last week and I was surprised that leptin was at 280 and 220 nm. So does leptin interact with 280 from deuterium compression and to fluorescence from the other UVC absorbing molecules fluorescing into the Far UV spectrum?

Another thing that came to mind was when I was watching that video on excitation. The LUMO state of the molecule makes it paramagnetic, right? Then this means it can be controlled magnetically to better position the subsequent fluorescence?