1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Fake Hormone primer: Nuvaring

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dear Dr. Dach: Thank you for the post. My 29-year-old daughter died while she was on NuvaRing from blood clots in her lungs last year. She had been married for just 5 weeks when she became became so ill she had to go to the ER. They took the NuvaRing out, but nothing the doctors did could help and she died within 24 hours of being in the hospital.

The warnings on these prescription inserts and packages to call your doctor or go the hospital are not enough.

The FDA has accepted studies that show the least risk to women, instead of the studies that show there is a higher risk. Why they choose to ignore the higher risks and to allow Merck to minimize the true risk is beyond me. I do not trust the FDA as they are not protecting women.

I also do not understand why the medical community and others continue to compare blood clots for women who are pregnant against women who are trying not to get pregnant. One would think that people could understand that women who use birth control are trying not to get pregnant. So why not inform women about the safest birth control?

Nothing will ever replace the loss of my daughter, and I hope other young women will pay attention to the fact that all hormonal birth control has risk and that third and fourth generation progestins have a higher risk.

Thank you again for writing about this important issue.

Sincerely, D

to read the original article: Bad News for the NuvaRing .......http://jeffreydachmd.com/bad-news-nuvaring-jeffrey-dach-md/

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

How heartbreaking.....

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I swear...not a day goes by when I dont see some horrible commercial or news story about some drug or birth control or some other crap I used under medical advice. So sick of it. Heartbreaking stuff people are enduring, to high of a price for these stupid products.

Counting my blessings....again.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Big pharma is designed to create customers and not cures..........never forget it.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you go back and re read the gallbladder blog and look at this one........mechanism is different.......but the result is the same. Estrogen collection is not a good thing no matter how it happens.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is the thing that my friends don't get ..... and they say things like ....but the government wouldn't allow that to happen.......

8. sooperb

sooperb New Member

How right you are Audrey. Their is so much clouded perception around the medical arena I despair. Example. FDA announced a couple of years ago that they were withdrawing an anti-hypertensive because it was problematic in some cases. It hit the news in the UK and lo, OH was taking it. I told him to contact his GP straight away. He didn't but he asked the next time he was there for a check up of his diabetes. There's no problem with it he was told, just keep taking it. Less than six months later, urgent call from the surgery, don't take any more of it, come in and get a prescription for a different one.

I swear I don't know why my husband has such a mental block about these things, just like his statins! He's not a stupid man but I don't think he has the same enquiring mind around medical stuff as I do. Given that most people have complete faith and utter acceptance that their GP couldn't possibly be wrong, it's easy to see how big pharma make so much money. When there is an issue, most of the people slavishly taking their products will not be in line for compensation if something goes wrong, the GP won't be in trouble for prescribing it because NICE said it was ok to do so, so ultimately no one carries the can. No matter that someone lost a life, a limb or their sanity because they took it.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

let me ask you this.........were women born with mechanisms to collect blood naturally?

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

the answer should be clear.

12. 400lbbenchpress

400lbbenchpress New Member

What is the natural mechanism? lol

13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Let it flow and let it go.

lioness7 and Shijin13 like this.
  14. Melanie Procter

Melanie Procter New Member

If you had a daughter, what kind of birth control would you recommend?

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A rubber or diaphragm

Danco3636 likes this.