1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Faecal microbial transplant

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Eliza, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Hi Jsck

I'm wondering whether an FMT can reverse leptin resistance?

I had one in August and it's the first time I've been able to lose any weight in around 5 yrs, despite eating as per the leptin reset, ct and improving my environment. I don't know whether it's just the more diverse flora I have now. Or whether the FMT could have made me more leptin sensitive?

Thanks Jack!
    Eliza.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well in the USA this has not been studied but in my opinion it might be a far better way of treating early acute obesity than bariatric surgery. They fundamentally do the same thing........and one is a whole lot less simple then the other to affect FIAF. The problem in the USA will be bariatric surgery has become a multibillion dollar industry......so this means the truth won't show up in journals at all.

3. Eliza

Eliza Gold

Thanks Jack. I appreciate your response.

It's been interesting from an N=1 perspective to see the changes. Despite having the same diet, I'm much less hungry, I don't crave sweet anymore and my energy levels are much better!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

this is also linked to the Vitamin A cycle in the eye and the VDR cycle on the skin and the gut.........complex stuff.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Studies like this worry me. Why? The are details about supplementation of Vitamin D3 without any context here. I have found that over supplementation with oral vitamin D3 usually leads to a very rare eye dysfunction. The IBS improves for the first few months but never fully reverses with oral D3. To fully reverse it you need endogenous Vitamin D3 production from sunlight to get the maximum reversal. If you listened to my Nov 2011 podcast on JoanneUnleashed.com you might have wondered why I read in low light and red light levels during my own recovery and reversal. I was checking myself for signs that I was pushing my Vitamin D3 status too high with pills initially. I began my reset in Vitamin D winter. When a person over supplements Oral D3, individuals can become unable to distinguish images in low levels of illumination. Vitamin A deficiency affects vision by inhibiting the production of rhodopsin, the eye pigment responsible for sensing low light situations. The supplement is a chemical signal of a photochemical process in the skin. Calcitriol and rhodopsin tied in a feed back loop with one another because of light. D3= UVB, and Vitamin A = photoperiod. The longer the photoperiod, generally the higher D3 level should be. This linkage remains because of the link with latitude and photoperiod. The closer one gets to the equator the longer light remains even in winter. This drives higher D3 levels. Rhodopsin is found in the human retina and is composed of retinol, which is an active form of vitamin A, and opsin a protein made by the retina. Its production is linked to D3 production in the skin. Basically, if you “over do” the use of Vitamin D3, you will not make enough rhodopsin because of a lack of feedback control (from a relative Vitamin A deficiency) and you will suffer from night blindness. This lowers ocular melatonin levels which is needed to regenerate cones during daylight. If you live far from the equator and it is winter and you over supplement D3 you lose the ability to make ocular melatonin. I pick this up in patients who notice night time visual driving issues or in people who find they must use bright blue light at night to see or read. Many times these people have early onset AMD. Most people won't read in low light levels these days because of tech gadgets, like I do to assess themselves for this issue. But you can use this simple test too bio hack your own abilities. If they do notice it, Their PCP's usually send them to the optometrist or ophthalmologist, but most are cured once they tweak their diets to add more carotenoids or begin to use artificial sources of UV light at night. Both of these things can be bio hacked to add back some feedback control of the vitamin A cycle using light or foods with photosensitizers in them.

My real concern: They also suffer from a more serious subclinical problem. They can never reverse their leaky gut due to chronic inflammation from a subclinical infection. Often they see a short improvement with the pill but it lasts 6-8 weeks. The reason for both of these clinical features is that they likely have a co morbid lack of Vitamin A in the diet (especially in winter) to offset the raised supplemental Vitamin D3. This rarely happens in subtropical areas but happens more frequently at latitudes above Atlanta in winter in the US. Each cell in our body has 2 vitamin A receptors for every Vitamin D receptor. We also have VDR's in our gut. So as our vitamin D level rises because we take the supplement orally we give our gut VDR's a falsely elevated signal. This changes optical signaling in the GALT and its T cells. The cells sense the D3 chemical signal but the tissues do not have the photon energy or momentum. and therefore there is not enough UV photon power within the tissues. As a result of feedback loops our endogenous Vitamin A source is used up even quicker and an imbalance results. We need to make sure we are getting enough of the fat soluble Vitamin A too as Vitamin D3 goes up from pills. rarely does this get spoken about in people outside the subtropics in autumn or winter. These two vitamins are metabolically coupled but one is made from UVB light and the other is made by the photoperiod of the day. This is probably the most common reason people have persistent bloating and cannot clear H Pylori or Candida infections from their guts when they are not getting a full spectrum sun signal to support the D3 chemical. I've seen this develop in people when they transition to a meat laden paleo template while supplementing Vitamin D3. It is rare in an epi-paleo Rx because seafood and mushrooms have a lot flesh that contain enough of the photonic power embedded in the food stuff. We are designed to make D3 from sunlight and not a pill. So if you have IBS be aware of this unusual possibility of you live further from the equator. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/304361.php…

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Haley_Pendragon likes this.