1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Factors in finding a place to live

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Danny, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Also, regarding solar panels, if you are converting direct DC from panels to AC (because most appliances and gadgets run on AC) beware that inverters that do this transformation can cause a great deal of harmful dirty electricity in house. They require special remediation to eliminate this problem.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you thought of renting? could save some costly mistakes.......

I think if we had to do it again - we would get a fifth wheeler and just travel! Then if a place doesn't suit - just move on!

Who knows - that may be what we do next......

We have just been travelling for six weeks and met tons of people who are on the road permanently ...and absolutely love it!

We stayed at a golf course for 3 nights and had a great time ...lots of like minded people. The couple that own the golf course were on the road for 8 years previously. They have three children and they are the most delighted kids we had met in a long time.
    The oldest girl is 13 and she was such a pleasure to talk to. Her and her younger sister have spent most of their young lives travelling and they were an absolute delight.

The cafe at the golf course has a pizza night every Tuesday .....and Mom and the kids show up and make some of the best pizza we had had in a very long time. The interaction with these kids was really eye opening!

Phosphene likes this.
  3. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Dowsing & yes have solar panels but on shed roof

4. Butters

Butters New Member

Seems like the only place to live is the yucatan. Isnt it the place with the highest magnetic flux?
    For me in germany without big money income this is unrealistic. Seafood criteria is more realistic.

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

@Butters, This is said with all respect (and I’m partly talking to myself). You are young, smart, relatively healthy, and easy on the eyes. I presume your wife is as well.

The world is your oyster! Opening it just requires vision, planning, confidence, execution, and faith. I know it all seems overwhelming with low dopamine. I know it all too well.

We all want to be in the Yucatan, sun baking on the sandy patios of our safe, private (or shared) beachfront villas (or cottages), glass of lovely Malbec in one hand and deuterium-depleted water in the other, seafood grilling on an open fire. Oh Yes we do.

I think most of us also want to figure out a way to be Starfish, and pass this hopeful, gorgeous, healing light on to others. To be of benefit to our confused, hurting world.

If we focus on the idea that many others will benefit from our good fortune, I believe the universe is much more likely to play along.

All that said, you are unfortunately correct that this idealism requires some money.

So how are you (we) going to get it?

I’m a bit ahead of the game since I've been living below my means and saving money for many long and tedious years. Even when the (insanely expensive) kids came along, we found ways to keep saving. I got a little off track the past few years with puzzling health crap and a rather inconvenient midlife crisis, but thankfully not too much financial damage done. Could have been much worse. I’m still getting back on track but the future looks bright, and of course I’m not wearing shades.

I’m somewhat jealous of those starting out now. Yes the world is more daunting, confusing, and downright frightening than ever, but there is still much beauty and love, and many more avenues for creative opportunity.

I think one of best places to start could be the new-ish FIRE communities:

Financial Independence, Retire Early

Even if we don’t plan to retire, this is the best resource I’ve found for preparing to exit the Matrix. I’ve been following many of these principles all my life, but creative new suggestions abound. Just starting to research where to dig in deep.

@JanSz is all over this and perhaps has other suggestions? I know he mentioned some resources elsewhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com...inancial-independence-and-retiring-early/amp/

6. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I retired early to be in more control of my health and life. It was not about becoming a 'financially independent' person of leisure, traveling & living in exotic places, lying about on the beach while sipping rum all day, and other idleness.

Tipping point for me was when my tech department moved to new office quarters that were exposed to multiple nearby cell towers (or masts as the Brits call them) as well as a wi-fi network. I took some very high microwave RF readings (as well as ELF exposure from building wiring).

I first tried some mitigation steps (with my understanding manager's approval), including installing silver reflective fabric (made my cubicle looked like it was covered with mosquito netting-- very, very strange indeed) plus carbon sheathing to absorb more microwaves.

This helped, but only to a point. You can't work 100% in a cubicle- there are meetings etc. So I bailed.

FIRE, as you called it, to me means self-sufficiency and frugality-- e.g having a modest but energy-miser abode, ability to grow most of your own food, and happy and secure environs. I'm not there yet but making progress.

I'm not counting on our financial system/economy remaining stable in coming years so all this self-sufficiency effort makes sense to me.

Good luck to all in this endeavor.

caroline, Phosphene and Green Eyes like this.
  7. Inna

Inna Platinum

Living in a camper van sound like great idea: allows one to simplify and only carry bare necessities, mobility - it probably best strategy to adjust to changing environment. Camper vans in Europe are the best, lightweight, great fuel economy, in US - not so much

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I retired early in June 1997. So 21 years and counting.
    Born 1940, so I was 57 yo when I stopped looking for a paycheck.
    My wife retired January 1997, so at least she got 20 years in retirement.
    Unfortunately she died October 2017, being 71yo.

self-sufficiency and frugality helps

caroline, Phosphene and Eric Waldron like this.
  9. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

How to know Quantum Yield or Factors in relation to finding 'where to live'/ i am working on prioritizing my personal list to find a healthier place to live.