1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Factor X strikes again!!!!

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by Shijin13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

2. Very cool! Thanks for posting. I'm trying to catch up after being down for three days. There is so much I missed.....a day lost can mean two days to make up for all the reading! Yikes!!!

3. Hope

Hope Gold

It is everywhere....wow. Thanks, Gretchen, as always!

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Interesting article on the spark that leads to intelligence:

"The researchers suggest that intelligent behavior stems from the impulse to seize control of future events in the environment."
    "The new research proposes that entropy is directly connected to intelligent behavior. "[The paper] is basically an attempt to describe intelligence as a fundamentally thermodynamic process," said Wissner-Gross."

http://www.insidescience.org/content/physicist-proposes-new-way-think-about-intelligence/987

Also, from this slashdot article:
    "Recent work in cosmology has suggested that universes that produce more entropy (or disorder) over their lifetimes tend to have more favorable properties for the existence of intelligent beings such as ourselves."

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

oceanic CO 2 levels correspond to higher sea temps.....that melt polar ice. Lots of ties to QB 5, EMF 7.

6. Melinda

Melinda New Member

In the big picture of things, Dr K, do you support the hypothesis of global warming (human or otherwise?) I would refer you to the interesting ppl at whatsupwiththat.com

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need to read CT 7 carefully and would not ask this.

8. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

Those scientists are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They intersperse terms like "natural selection", "adapt", "evolve", "only the fittest survive", "those with only the most advantageous genes survived". The scientists then go on to say there were changes in the abundance of certain genes in larvae one week old. That last bit sounds like epigenetic expression as opposed to a natural selection process (which perhaps would have killed off most of the larvae that were unfit - my words). Maybe there are two camps of researchers growling at each other from different sides of the table.

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Most people cannot fathom that genetic changes can be other than completely random.