1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

FAA may relax rules for using devices below 10K ft

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Hope, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Hope

Hope Gold

http://www.techhive.com/article/204...oking-to-relax-in-flight-electronics-use.html

They say:

The basic argument against using your smartphone during landing and takeoff is that all those devices whizzing and whirring in the cabin could interfere with the airplane’s navigation systems. But that rationale was shown to be false in a late 2011 article by Nick Bilton at The New York Times . Bilton visited EMT Labs, an independent testing facility, to see what kind of interference our gadgets were putting out that could help bring down a plane. The result? Nada.

....yeah, but they should also check the impact all that stuff has on the really important players..us!! Going backwards......going....gone....

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Hope - so many people use these devices anyway during take off... once the flight attendant sits down - look around people pull them out and start playing on their iphone/ipad/kindlefire etc.... its been happening for the past 10 years...

the horse is out of the barn, its a bit late to close the barn doors - so to speak. The question - how do you mitigate your risk when you fly? the answer may be choosing not to fly... or moving to where you want to spend the majority of your time... etc... or you may push the mitochondrial rx hard to make recovery from the situation easier..

3. Hope

Hope Gold

Yeah, I know, i hate it all....what can you do. I really fly to Europe bc it's the best way. Would LOVE to live there......but no such luck for now. Otherwise, not much need to fly longer trips...

I just think it's so silly...it's all about the flight, not the people....

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Hope you can always cruise across the pond... :)

5. Hope

Hope Gold

Ha, that would be a dream....though I don't know if there are any epipaleo friendly cruises?? Not sure I could bring all my food and keep it in a tiny cabin. LOL. But I have thought about it. It is, after all, how it all used to be....

6. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Not quite sure what their fuss is all about. I travelled to Europe recently and read in one of those on board magazines that most flights will have wifi soon but you have to pay for it. So, my question is .....does it really have that much of an impact on the planes's navigations system?

A bit off topic...Being a Canadian that has travelled to the States many times, less frequently lately as at our airport, there is a separate U.S. check.......and man, do they ever make you feel like a criminal. I wonder often how good the border patrolling is or if it is just intimidation. Upon arriving home once, I discovered five .22 bullets in my CARRY ON, (DH used it to go hunting a while before) and this was after an x ray and hand search..no one noticed going there or coming back. I almost fainted thinking of the potential repercussions. Yet at the same time, we both were called back by border patrol when some genius noticed that my passport last name had a space and his did not....haha, worry about the space whilst I walk on board with bullets you did not detect despite your searches......makes me laugh hilariously!!!!!!! I doubt wifi interference is an issue. They just had to figure out a system from which they can profit like they have recently charging extra for isle and window seats. But then again, I know zero about airplane navigation. Just wondering......

7. Hope

Hope Gold

Yes, very true....I haven't not followed rules, mostly bc I only have an iPhone and don't use it much....I do think it's a gimmick perhaps bc tests showed it doesn't interfere. It's the same with water...you can't bring it in through security but you can buy it once you get through it. Not sure why.....

As to the border patrol...hm.....that is so weird. I have had beets taken away, sliced and in a glass, fermented. I was upset for sure. And you 'got through' with that. Perhaps they thought it was something else? Who knows.

Yeah, the nickel and diming is a sad thing.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I once talked to an elderly woman at Disney World who had had big hunting knives confiscated upon entering the park. She was outraged that they had taken her knives but failed to notice the 2 revolvers in her back pack!! They also didn't notice her husband's guns in his pack!! They were a couple of scary dudes let me tell you .... they never travelled any where without their guns..........