1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Exercising during leptin reset...

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Jenny Young, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

I've been eating LCHF and doing IF and some extended fasts for close to two years. I'm very well fat adapted and can easily go in and out of ketosis and do cardio in a fasted state without difficulty. Should I still avoid exercising during the leptin reset? I saw Dr. Kruse talk about being a "sugar burner" and I would think since my body depletes glycogen stores quite easily this may not be an issue. I usually work out in the late morning, but don't want to do more harm than good. Thanks!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Jack has a blog ....after the leptin reset

3. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

Thank you. I'm about to read it. I'm still overweight 5'5, 180lbs, so I'm assuming I'm still leptin resistant, am I wrong?

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

How is your sleep? your libido? energy? brain fog?

Jack is very specific about the protocols ...read carefully.

C/T?

5. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

I track my sleep with an Oura ring and get consistently adequate REM and deep sleep. No brain fog, lots of energy and exercise most days of the week, sex 3x week.

I’ve been thinking about starting CT and finally decided I’m going to do it. I’m hoping my pool drop down to 55 at some point soon (64 now) so I’m going to start with face dunking.

I’ve already read his book, currently reading blogs and listening to many of his podcasts to really understand the science behind all this. It seems like a full time job, but I really like to exactly what’s going on and do things right.

caroline likes this.
  6. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

Hi Jenny,.
    I would say you are probably right, still leptin resistant.
    If I were you I would start adapting to cold in your 65 degree pool. As it slowly cools down you will slowly gain tolerance to more cold. Some days will be easier than others but one day at a time will get you to where you want to be.
    It takes more than hope to achieve an accomplishment, you're got to have A STRATEGY. You can always adjust your STRATEGY but the key is getting started today.

Marko Pollo and caroline like this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Excessive weight affects many things not only leptin.
    increases insulin--->diabetis-->stroke, heart attack, blocked leg arteries
    increases aromatase--->estrogens--->breast cancer or other cancers

caroline likes this.
  8. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

I agree. It's hard to give up exercising, but I can stick to weights and walking during the reset. Thanks for the encouragement!

Yes, I've been jumping in there after my workout to start getting used to it. It's down to 63 today.

Marko Pollo likes this.
  9. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

Agreed, I definitely am not okay at this weight. Everything else I have done has not worked to drop the rest of this weight (I was at 235 at my peak). I'm hoping the leptin reset and CT will kick start this.

caroline likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Just stop eating for a month or twelve.
    Then figure out how to keep what you got, permanently.
    /

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

C/T is a game changer...

Jenny Young likes this.
  12. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Congratulations on your fat loss so far.

Do commit to CT and see how that goes. Like you, I was fully keto adapted, had been eating a 70/20/10% diet for ages, and doing IF (fasting interval of 23:1). AND I COULD NOT LOSE WEIGHT.

I stumbled upon this place at the end of summer, learned about light-magnetism-water and started the leptin reset and CT. I am convinced that it was CT that jolted fat loss into action. I am dropping one size per month (will be out of the plus range next drop). I've been trying to slow down the weight loss, because I want my skin to snap back, but continued CT is making the weight loss very aggressive.

Also: I'm doing super weenie CT. No full water immersion or even face dunking. I wear the Cool Fat Burner vest for 2-3 hours at a time at least 5 days a week. It's working better than I dared hope.

13. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Is the Oura ring a bluetooth device?

I had been tracking my sleep stages with a Fitbit, but I threw it away. I didn't want that constant pinging between my skin and cell towers. I still miss the data, but what I really miss is its silent alarm :--)

14. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

Did you mean stop exercising?

15. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

It is, but there is an option for a true airplane mode and it stores your data for (I think) 5 days, and you take the ring off to sync it. It tracks your heart rate variability too. I like it. No silent alarm though.

16. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

Wow! Congrats! That's very encouraging. I'm excited to start the CT!

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I did not say anything about exercising.
    But exercising while overweighted is hardly beneficial. You can get injured easily. Exercising will not help you in weight reduction.
    Anyhow, make sure that you will not use any gyms, time outside, mostly naked is most valuable.
    upload_2019-11-24_6-52-27.png

18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Jenny, this is not Jack's teaching, and is potentially an extremely damaging thing to do. ;)

19. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

Right... which is why I thought he mistyped and meant to say to stop exercising. :)

20. Jenny Young

Jenny Young New Member

Yeah, you said to stop eating for a month or twelve. I thought you mistyped and meant to say stop exercising because that was my initial question. I have not been able to lose weight with exercising, but do so because of how I feel when I’m exercising and it’s other benefits.