1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Exercise

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Toby Wilson, Jul 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi all,

I was listening to this interview:

...right at the end Jack puts exercise on the bottom of the list of priorities:

Circadian Rhythm
    DHA
    Limiting blue light
    Water (spring water)
    Sleep
    Cold
    Psychological stress
    Exercise

In listening to an interview with Dr. Gerald Pollack, Gerald mentions that positive charge is excreted through sweat and also mentions that pressure on water has positive effects. It would seem exercise encourages both, the excretion of positive charge and also builds pressure in the muscles of the body which would transfer into water in the body and cells.

Any thoughts?

drezy likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

Do you live in a solar weak region?

Just walking outside were I'm at will get the sweat going.

3. Not in a solar weak region. The sun is good and sure, there are many ways to sweat, but exercise is the obvious one which is not weather dependent.

4. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Toby, I think it's an indication of how important the other items on that list are. And it's just the lowest of that list.

Toby Wilson and Ed Pomicter like this.
  5. drezy

drezy New Member

If you'd like a better idea of the perspective Doc lays out I'll recommend a few search terms (instead of giving you my interpretation). Then feel free to compare notes, I'd be interested in your take.

"survival of the wisest"
    "mitochondrial density"
    "lactate"

The search engine on this page is kinda "meh"plus. That's not problem at all since you can use good old google as follows in a search bar:

lactate site:www.jackkruse.com <---- for earlier blogs (aka Docs info)
    OR
    lactate site:jackkruse.com <---- for earlier blogs (aka Docs info) plus the meandering mobs known as us forum people. I suggest mostly reading Doc's info. If I followed every forum participant's advice I'm sure that by now I'd be having colonics done regularly, never having sex to preserve my chi, and drinking my own urine. So, I'd focus on the good Doctors words.

Anne V, Ed Pomicter and Marko Pollo like this.
  6. drezy

drezy New Member

@Marko Pollo & @Ed Pomicter
    Do you guys have any ideas for more or better search terms? That's what I can come up with on the top of my head.

7. Ed Pomicter

Ed Pomicter New Member

No better ideas on search terms, but addressing exercise:
    1) seems like exercise is not a frequent focus of what Doc K talks about
    2) mechanism of benefit of exercise from the mitochondriac perspective would seem to be:
    a) if a fat burner, then more energy production through fat metabolism = more matrix water
    b) mitochondria producing heat/light means more EZ water
    c) stimulation of mitochondrial biogenesis at the cellular level
    d) stimulation of increased number of muscle cells => above effects
    e) potential effect on autophagy and apotosis.

Perhaps some search terms can be gleaned from the above.

drezy likes this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Isn't the question also heteroplasmy? How many working stem cells are left to repair the "muscle injury"of a heavy workout? Why HIIT is good?

Ed Pomicter and drezy like this.
  9. kris90

kris90 New Member

It's because exercise should only be focused on once leptin sensitivity occurs. If we cannot uncouple (which requires leptin sensitivity), we cannot release heat from the mitochondria and we produce a ton of ROS from exercise. It actually increases inflammation, worsens the leptin resistant state and shortens telomeres.

Once leptin sensitive, exercise can have great benefits if done in moderation. It can help generate the right ROS signals for mitochondrial biogenesis as mentioned above.

10. Sorry, no suggestions for search terms.

I remember reading that perspiration from exercise was different than that from adsorbing solar goodness. Seems like a battery will get hot from charge or discharge, I'm trying to charge mine now as i failed to do so correctly for quite some time.

To me exercise does not mean crossfit or intense repetitious inflammation causing hysterics, it denotes lack of idleness, merely doing the things that we want and need to do to thrive while minimizing free radical production all day every day.

11. Thanks Drezy, will check it out.

12. Thanks Ed.

13. This is a bit over my head! :)

14. This makes the most sense to me. Thank you. Will look into it further.

kris90 likes this.
  15. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

And how does each of the variables quantify?

Toby Wilson likes this.