1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

EXERCISE OUTSIDE THREAD

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Jack Kruse, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Throw away the Fitbit and get outdoors and exercise as you were designed too. We now have proof that the sun raises oxygen tensions. I have told my members for years the MAIN REAL benefit of solar exposure is that it raises venous oxygen saturation. I figured this out while doing experiments in the sun versus seeing the result in the ICU of how the incident light EMF affected blood gases drawn from central venous catheters. Now we have great data supporting my observations of 12-15 years ago. It turns out higher blood levels of vitamin D were associated with a 2.9-fold increase in cardiorespiratory fitness. We can measure this with VO2max testing to trend the effect. I have found we can make better predictions of how much sun really needs when we understand your haplogroup, SNP and SAP's and your current latitude and redox risk. These are assessment tools I have been using for years in mitohacks to make decisions on what should occur next. The latest data says with each 10nmol/L increase in vitamin D in the blood was associated with a 0.78 mL/kg/min increase in VO2 max. I personally believe that number is dynamic for each person's mitochondria and environment. I have found in hacks that my own changes with the light environment I am in. This is an observational study but it is the kind of study I look for when assessing my own mitohack data for comparison. for this reason I think it is a really good bit of information to share. It is another reason why I recommended to my members to sell all gym memberships unless they have outdoor facilities. I also think future trainers will have to bring nature to their business plans for Black Swans who want to do exercise well. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releas…/2018/…/181030091449.htm

[​IMG]

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have taken up lawn bowls in our new home town. We are outside for hours every day and loving every second of it. We usually go early to the ocean and take breakfast with us. Then we walk in the surf and swim in the rock pool and follow that with a couple of hours of lawn bowling.

Being outside is mesmerising.........

Antonis, Phosphene and amanda elmgren like this.
  3. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I ditched my gym pass 2 years ago and cant imagine going back. I have had to be creative with the seasonal weather changes but im much happier for it.

Antonis, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

I just came back from my favorite (and only..lol) exercise;

Taking a walk in the woods, sprinting (just very short) a few times, and take a short swim nude in the tiny lake on the way.... It all takes about 40 minutes.

Makes me feel soooo happy every time! The sky was gray and cloudy, and dusk set in... about 10 degree C so pretty warm, almost no wind today... I did not see a single soul all the way. Just me and nature...

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hiking, swimming, yard work, and yoga outside on a cotton mat for me.

These are cool sites for finding swims:

International:
    https://wildswim.com/

U.S. and Canada only:
    http://www.swimmingholes.org/

@Inger , how long are your dips in the winter cold water? I’m working my way up to that in cold weather...:)

caroline likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sunlight is the best C channel blocker I know. Exercise is second best. Maybe this is why it is a "mitochondrial vaccine" for autoimmunity and cancer? “We found that UV-B light boosted the production of vitamin D, and of regulatory T cells, which play an important role keeping our immune systems in check.

“Our findings have important implications for future interventions including the recommendations fora healthy lifestyle and a possible role for phototherapy and / or vitamin D supplementation in the prevention or treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.” https://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2012-07-sunlight-vitamin-d-autoimmune-diseases.html

caroline, Phosphene and Bonnie like this.
  7. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

Antonis, caroline and Phosphene like this.
  8. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

My best exercise is sunlight and grounding on the sand

caroline likes this.
  9. kris90

kris90 New Member

Stopped exercising in gyms about 2 years ago. I do lift weights in my basement now (I know not the most ideal) with red and blacklights, and the window wide open. Some sun shines through my basement window so I soak up some of that sun between sets.

Antonis likes this.
  10. Barry

Barry New Member

lecturing to the birds about how to fly......

image1(31).JPG

drezy likes this.