1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Exercise during the Leptin Reset

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by betseyford@hotmail.com, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on exercise during the leptin reset. What are the consequences of exercise during this process?

I ask because I am on day 9 of LR and I am a Crossfitter with non refundable gym dues paid for this month. I also work a very sedetary day job and feel like I need the movement. Could I at least go and keep the intensity very low, just to keep moving?

Thanks Doc!

2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I paid for a month of crossfit I did not use while I was doing the Leptin Rx. I felt the same way....like I craved the movement. But there was a science to what I was doing that made sense so I stuck it out. It was totally worth it. I am amazed by the results. Not so much the weight loss but the changes in my body and my cravings and hunger patterns.

I started to CT after 2 weeks of Leptin RX and that felt fantastic. I am assuming due to muscle contractions from the cold baths I experienced that same euphoric feeling as if I had exercised.

CT is blowing my mind. My body looks as though it is being remolded. Sculpted almost. Mind you I am a big girl..still over 200 lbs but the speed this sculpting is happening is blowing my mind.

Stick out the Leptin RX as prescribed, try to start CT. I ended up only needing 4 weeks on the Leptin RX and there was a massive noticeable shift that I am assuming was the reset.

Today was my first time back to crossfit and it made me crazy hungry which I am a little bummed about. Going to have to figure out a way to combat that as my crossfit 2 times a week is my HIIT and I love it.

Good luck to you :)

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

consequneces are no weight loss and worsen of your cortisol to DHEA ratio.....and AF. CT instead......that was what I did yr one.

4. Is walking ok? I haven't done any exercise at all for two years because of AF. I recently got off of hydrocortisone and like to be able to walk for mental relief, but won't do it if it's better not to. I've been paleo since November and started CT a couple of months ago. I would also like to start lifting so I can get some muscle back, but again don't want to do more harm than good. I'm 5'4" 155 lbs...down from 180 lbs since starting paleo and CT.

Thanks,

Steph

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

walking is fine

6. ChristineKleiber

ChristineKleiber New Member

one more suggestion here - even though I know this is supposed to ASK JACK. I am a Crossfitter and what I did was Kelly Sterrett's MWODs during the reset. There isn't a CF'er out there that won't benefit from more mobility training. I did some of them in the box so that I was in there and someone was tweaking my form (yes you need good form on these too) or I did them at home. And I was faithful to NOT doing them in the morning. I got alot of positive reinforcement through the process after about the 1st week - not only the LS signs coming in and weight loss, but the same sort of happy feeling that you are moving better. And that was the bomb for me... especially since I was at the point where CF was starting to mean DOMS that wasn't even really delayed anymore.

IMHO, and I have posted this elsewhere - I think anyone joining a CF box should get LS first. And then they need to make sure the box really supports strength training and HIIT (metcons) in a distinct manner.

As for the loss of a month's membership... not fun, but you will miss alot more if you end up burnt out or injured. Trust me... been there.

7. August

August ~

What's AF?

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

read my success story - I didn't follow the *rules* and it took me longer to have success... I AM Jack's poster child for WHAT NOT TO DO... learn from my mistakes please!

9. ChristineKleiber

ChristineKleiber New Member

AF= Adrenal Fatigue.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Closed...........