1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Exatest

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Souldanzer, May 8, 2012.

1. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

124 last time I checked. Dropped supps to maintenance (8,000IU) now. I take 30mg of K2 a day. I eat VLC/keto. I'm not sure the high BG is due to LR/IR.... I think it could also be due to my heart defect. So really, there's nothing I can do about that until that's taken care of. I constantly have low BG symptoms despite it being elevated. I don't eat many carbs, a bit of fermented fizzy drinks and some veggies. Have been losing interest in the veggies lately. Would it really be dumping that much mg??

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Good news as in the results are okay?

Can you tell at all why Ca is elevated? B/c mg is a little low or b/c my body is pulling it from my bones for whatever reason?

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I got a blood electrolyte panel drawn shortly after this test and thought I'd post for comparison:

Sodium................. 143 mmol/L Range 136 - 145

Potassium............... 4.2 mmol/L Range 3.5 - 5.1

Chloride................. 105 mmol/L Range 96 - 111

Calcium................ 8.6 mg/dL Range 8.5 - 10.1

Magnesium............ 1.9 mg/dL Range 1.6 - 2.5

CO2....................... 25 mmol/L Range 17 - 26

Glucose................. 76 mg/dL Range 70 - 99 That's an AM fasting BG!! Yay!! Used to be 100-110mg/dL :) Might be a fluke.... or CT??

BUN ..................... 12 mg/dL Range 6 - 24

Creatinine............. 0.5 mg/dL LOW Range 0.55 - 1.13

Anion Gap............. 17 mmol/L Range 6 - 18

BUN/Creatinine Ratio... 24.0 Range 6 - 25

Estimated GFR (calc).... 126 ml/min/1.73m2

Most obvious would be calcium at the low end of the range in blood, while calcium was high in Exatest. Sodium shows opposite as well - high end on blood panel, low end on intracellular results.

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

http://chriskresser.com/the-role-of-vitamin-d-deficiency-in-thyroid-disorders

5. chocolate

chocolate Silver

This is what we are up against in my house. Never been an eating disorder per se. Although, when my daughter was little and I would tell her no, sometimes she would immediately vomit 1's,2's,3's. In retrospect, it was stress. But sometimes, she would vomit out of the blue. We're just doing k2. She gets urinary problems before episodes, too. More skinny girl drama... shyeah.

She's more the type to pray for vomit and it won't come up. I'm like that myself. We need a doctor that has someone he/she loves that has the same sickness for you. My kid's doctor retired. He called her a couple times after and made her promise to stay on her labs so she could find a way off her meds. He couldn't even find a doctor he liked for her and gave me all the instructions to keep her out of the hospital and a boatload of pills. I bet Dr Kruse was onto something when he said call the ED Hospital. I bet someone could be your support and give you their bed and sleep on their sofa until you got well. I'm in LA/Burbank if you find one out this way. The place is like a flop house for young professionals. But if you ain't nuts, you ain't nuttin' round here.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'd feel right at home, choco :eek:

So no D for your daughter? I stopped mine today. I will retest at the end of the summer to see where I"m at I think.

I admire what you are doing for your daughter..... my parents would want nothing more than to have me on a boatload of pills that will finally turn me into a "normal" person.