1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Everyone, please read, someone has hacked Dr. Kruse's Fcebook account:

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by MJ*, May 16, 2012.

1. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Hello Friends,

Something very serious has come to my attention, and I hope to nip this in the bud for the sake of a man's excellent reputation. A man who has very selflessly done a lot for all of us. I have been made aware that Dr. Kruse's Facebook page has been hacked! I read this written by Doctor Kruse, and saw the pic he posted showing someone was in his computer.:

Someone using a windows machine and firefox browser was using my FB account last week. I just changed all settings........notified FB and the authorities. I am sorry if this caused any problems but I am not totally aware of what has been posted since May 4th it appears.

These people are threatened by Dr. Kruse because his work raises questions for them about what they do. Clearly this is something that I would not put past a person or group, who found a way to make so much trouble for him that he was taken off the Low-Carb cruise. They are using their hack to try and spread more lies and make more trouble, PLEASE don't believe the crap you might see on some of these Paleo sites about Dr. Kruse. The trolls are just at it again...

MJ

2. When will all this madness STOP!!!!?

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

But if your ead all the comments under the photo, it sounds like the log he posted isn't reliable proof? Did something nasty get posty from his account in this period? I never saw anything that made me think it wasn't him?

4. MJ*

MJ* New Member

I'm not really sure what they messed with, it's like how do you find all the things that are stolen from your home after a burglary, but your home is a facebook page years long?...if you can hack that you can do all sorts of stuff to the page...as far as the reliability of proof the burden is not on the Doc...the authorities will handle that. He's a surgeon not a computer guy, but at any rate there's crap flying on at least one Paleo site.

5. ruby

ruby New Member

gosh, this is getting so pathetic. I thought eating Paleo induces positive changes in your brain, but seems that in some people the effects of SAD are irreversible (I am assuming it's someone from the Paleo "movement" doing the hacking, but of course I may be wrong). either way childish and pathetic.

on a different note- dr. Jack, even if the word about factor X gets out after the webinar, I will still buy your book :) I want everything organized and in one place. Faxtor X is just icing on the cake. I am sure many people are similar.

But, would not mind knowing what it is earlier. Can't attend the webinar :(

6. MJ*

MJ* New Member

ruby LOL on the SAD diet, sad is a good description for this...

7. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Man. People sure put a lot of energy into causing him grief....I don't understand that mentality.

8. I think he noticed that someone was in, maybe not doing anything (yet?) but in? Seems like after the cruisegate someone might take more care. Hopefully that means it was a random facebook hack and not shenannigans!

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Somebody either hacked or tried to hack into my Facebook account today. I got an email about having lost my password... I never use my FB account other than following some people's FB walls. Very weird. And my password is stored in my computer so I can't really lose it.

Don't know what to do about it. My FB wall is empty so I guess I just don't care? Or could somebody be posting under my name somewhere else?

10. MJ*

MJ* New Member

The more negative energy they spend on this the more it will come back to them on a karmic level...I believe in the power of reciprocity.

11. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Definitely alert FB to this!

12. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

:eek: I never use facebook.... how do I do this? Is there an email somewhere? Sorry :eek:

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

oh geez, what a PIA... securing my account now... this s*cks!!

Well, Dr K if it's any consolation, you're not the only one. And I don't even have a thing to say on there. Might just get rid of it.

14. MJ*

MJ* New Member

I'll see if I can poke around for you and find something on where to report stuff...

15. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Is it just me or has the forum been unusually quiet this afternoon/evening?

Also some security tips. Be sure you don't use the same username/pw for multiple sites... Because as soon as bad folks get hold of a working username/pw combo, they crank it through banking sites, social sites, etc, to see what else they can get. Usually $$$ is the motivation but here the target seems to be just disrupting JK and those who support him, so, be careful out there.

And remember to love your enemies even as you are being attacked... Anyone can love people who are nice to them, it's much harder to love an enemy....so let's strive to take the high road (the hard things tend to be the things most worth doing, no?)

here is hoping that the disruptive folks relent and find peace within themselves enough that they don't need to attack others who are trying on some new thoughts for size. I'm willing to be my own guinea pig and try some things for myself to see what works..... Not sure why that seems so threatening!!! Peace to the haters..may you find your own way.

16. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Excellent post, and great advice!

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

everyone should be aware of this - and protect their pw & consider changing all your pw ever 90 days to a 10 character pw that include upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters...

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

yeah, was pretty busy with this last night... still working on some stuff. PITA, that's all I have to say about it.:mad:

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Anybody know about these things? I'm not sure if my FB account got hacked or somebody just attempted but didn't succeed. I "secured" my account using the FB function for that including changing my password. I chose a higher security level and am now being notified if someone logs in from somewhere else than my laptop.

How do I find out if someone actually used this account to post somewhere?

I'm also in the process of changing all other places I have to log in with a password no matter if it's the same or not. This is a tedious process as I use a lot of places I need to log into.

Do I need to change the password to my laptop itself?

I also had a total of 5 emails simply disappear into cyber space. They included lots of identifying personal information (name, address, birthdate, etc.). This problem might have been on the receiving end but I'm not exactly relaxed about having this stuff float around in cyber world. All of my other emails have been received fine as far as I know so I doubt my email account got hacked.

Any help appreciated. I'm contacting my mac support guy today to have him look my computer over. I work from this machine as I trade for a living and it's not funny at all... there's stuff that I need to know as safe.

Again, if you know anything... it's appreciated. I'm going to delete this post in a few hours if you could try to not hit the quote button or just pm me.

Thanks...

20. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Souldanzer Wow on the emails, so sorry I wish I knew how to help you, maybe we have some computer people in the forum who know. Great job on changing the FB account...I am going to try to do that too...