1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ever decreasing circles...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Lahelada, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

@drezy funny!!!
    @JanSz I would not use dried as drying intensifies heat in them. Exception Hungarian hot paprika as the heat level is reasonably low. It looks like you will need to know fresh pepper anatomy. See attached PDF.

Attached Files:

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When I am in American food store,
    hot chili or black pepper are sold in 1-2 oz containers.
    In Indian stores they sell it in soft plastic envelopes, pound or more.

Wonder how long it takes family to eat pound of hot chili?

Similarly with black pepper, clovers many other, by the pound containers.

drezy likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Whitey overpays too. Check out the price per ounce.

4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I adore super spicy food and buy many spices in bulk from Asian/Indian shops (and Vitacost.com too—great prices for organic). I’d say a pound of ground cayenne lasts me about a year under normal circumstances, but I also use vast amounts of hot sauce and other curry and chile powders, horseradish, etc. (always on the hunt for good ones).

I convinced my kids to embrace spicy food at a tender age by saying it wasn’t burning, just tingling... on the way in and out! All a matter of perception and context.

And yes, some cooling dairy is the essential fire extinguisher. I love how mango lassi is pronounced ‘lussie’. Fun to say, fun to eat. Sad that we shouldn’t be eating tropical fruit up north though. A bit is ok in the summer, right?

Lahelada and drezy like this.
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Thanks for stopping by, Phsophen! Now we have 4 chiliheads here. Well @JanSz is in training!
    Bad news about the mango though. Mango up north is not a good idea. You could travel south though to Mexico maybe ?? ;)

Phosphene likes this.
  6. Theka

Theka Gold

I grow chilis--various kinds, the aji amarillo fro Peru, habanero, cayenne, jalapeno, ghost, scorpion, and several Indonesian types from a friend. I dry or smoke most and usually just mix them in a spice grinder for everyday use. I find preground spices lose their fire.

Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

You dark horse ,you !
    Five chiliheads and counting..

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    @drezy
    or anybody else
    I think that this picture of mercury is PhotoShopped.
    The mercury that I remember had much larger surface tension and it would not go into this thin stream from large drop.

upload_2018-4-25_13-15-1.png

9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

@JanSz I agree on the photoshop. At ambient temp it should be little pellets not an oozing liquid. At least that is what came out of the CFl that my boss broke.

10. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

So it has been three weeks that I have been in this new house. A lot of people have asked me why I need to live in such a downmarket area. My answers have varied according to whether I thought people could understand it. I said it saves me money for a bigger project and people I care about or who I think could understand I told the real reason.

The electromagnetic quietness. It could still be the honeymoon period, placebo whatever but this is what I have noted. Most of it is soft evidence but..
    1. my sleep normalised within three days of arrival. Some mosquito filled nights being the exception. I go to bed at 8pm sometimes and sleep until the next day at 7.
    2. The feet swelling I talked about only happens sometimes in dependent edema form now,when I have been walking miles in the city,i.e I do not wake up with swollen feet
    3. My skin looks better,colourwise and texture wise.
    4. I feel settled,not driven to do stuff. I can just sit here in my house and watch the avocado tree move in the wind. That is something I like to do when outside but in my house before I did not experience that stillness .
    5. The dog had the most remarkable change again. She had whitish discharge that would not go away. Within a week of arriving here her eyes were clear - no treatment.

So,is this a forever place? No. Nothing ever can be in this pre 5G world. I have good 4g reception here but it is a poor area. It could go two ways. No antennas get installed as there is no spending power( I doubt that actually. The need for a dopamine hit at payday is palpably in the air.People are living from paycheck to paycheck and immediately spend their earnings on a treat) It could also be that this area is first as a pass through to the more affluent areas around.
    The plan is to get out of the rat race as soon as possible. What this house does is give me the quiet base to do this from,nothing more. There is still air pollution, EMF while travelling working in the capital,light pollution.

As my house is right at the edge of town I can ground in the fieldswhile watching the sunrise. Another bonus.

Measurements in my house show weak fields. Magnetic fields are < 20 nanotesla
    Electric 6 to 15 V per metre
    High frequencies 40-100 microwatt per square meter.
    Outside measurements are similar with a spike in the high frequency range depending where I walk

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Phosphene, Theka, axel brandt and 7 others like this.
  11. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

12. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

how did you measure that ? interesting ! I don´t know how to do it.

Lahelada likes this.
  13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hi Axel,
    Together with a friend I bought a meter from France - an ESI 24 . It is a trifield meter that shows you the value ranges as well as the most important international standards and when they are exceeded.It is pretty unique as it checks for all 3 types of EMF: magnetic fields, electric fields, and radiowaves/microwaves simultaneously

14. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

Would you like to check my home? have a high tension line 600 meters away .........

15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sure, just tell me when you are free.

16. Jude

Jude Gold

:D I want you to come and see me too with that meter:D:D:Danytime that's suitable for you is good for me!;)

Phosphene likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

me too - please! :D:D:D:D:D

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Ah .ladies @axel brandt and his wife have invited me to a sumptious lunch. What are you offering ??? :D:D:D

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

lots and lots and lots of Malbec .....unfortunately my budget doesn't extend to Grange! however we do have a lottery ticket this weeko_O:glasses::rofl:

Jude likes this.