1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ever decreasing circles...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Lahelada, Jun 28, 2013.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Prep for a little sticker shock at first:
    bags.png

2. Penny

Penny New Member

potassium chloride runs $23.00 per bag at Costco here - I never went for it before because I can't really afford that - but, the bag says that you only need 1 -4 bags per month depending upon usage so I thought it would be a great hack - personally, I use potassium bicarbonate in the morning before my shower and notice I don't pee half as much - add bacon for that DDW that your mito makes (116PPM - it's in the Boros Lazlo lecture on beta oxidation - like minute 22 or something - he chats about how much and which kind of fat makes the most DDW - which is cheaper than buying DDW )

I don't change out the salt that's already in there, I just add a bag - I'm starting with once a week or two and seeing if there are any improvements - mainly for my family as I have a cheap source of potassium myself :
    https://www.amazon.com/Home-Brew-Oh...1745121&sr=8-4&keywords=potassium+bicarbonate

If you do this, do not exceed 2 grams and the daily requirement is 4.5 grams - I use the bicarbonate form as it makes an EZ -

I don't know if potassium citrate is more bioavailable - I might try that next - but for energy, well, I play 3 hours of tennis with college kid on Saturday mornings and have no trouble keeping up:)

JanSz likes this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

So I moved again. Still in the same area but right on the outskirts of town. There is undevelopped fields one street behind my house. Only one wifi looking in. The tap water maybe reverse osmosis but that may just be election campaign talk.;) It is better though in terms of PH. The water in the last place was hard.
    The house has a patio where I can almost see the sunrise. I take the dog for a walk and in the fields I can see the sunrise perfectly though. The only drawback here is mosquitoes ! I accidentally solved my transport problem too. I was on public transport a lot, 6 hours a day and it took a toll. I habve now reduced it to 3 hours a day in shorter bursts. It also makes my nights longer as I get home earlier.
    So this place is cheap,nothing to look at but comfortable. It is intended as a stop off point before the big move down south. I need to raise money and that needs me nearer to the Capital still.

The big plan is still a place in the Patagonia about 350 miles from Mendoza, Köppen-Geiger classification BSk. I am chosing this area as I still get meltwater, but also thermal springs. The area is a backwater, the nearest chain supermarket 200 miles away. It is where I will set up a Centre for Wellness tourists from all over the world with professionals on call but the grand idea will be to learn to re appreciate the "nothing and everything " of the wilderness. Of course this will be a shoestring set up with the first project planned for November 2018, our spring. There will be other projects for local groups but they have no date yet.

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Phosphene, drezy and WalterNL like this.
  6. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Interesting point about capsaicin. I knew it was related to BAT thermogenesis, so that could be the mechanism by which it also enhances the production of DD metabolic water.

Phosphene, Lahelada and drezy like this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

That is what I as thinking in the market yesterday. The sweating it produces.

Phosphene likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

Think about it Lahelada all this maybe tracing all the way back to one goulash incident... That's pretty non-linear

Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Lol ! Let me tell the story here . My "tastebuds" were awakened one day when my mother made goulah and thought cayenen ws on teh same level of heat as paprika . "The recipe" became a family fixture! :mmpft:

Theka, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This is likely good question to ask Jack @Jack Kruse
    I like eating hot food.
    I do not think it is hot enough for you guys to appreciate, but my limitations are I think unusual.
    When I go to bathroom, it is like a fire in hell if I overdose.

I think that may indicate something.
    Like possibly low bile.
    I know I have low stomach acid, I eat lots Betaine HCL for that, but still may not be enough.

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I have eaten "hot" ever since. In England I could eat the hottest curries and in Mexico the chef came out of the kitchen once to see the "crazy German" Still,there are days I cannot. I never observed what the difference is in those days though.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

@JanSz Do you know how to take the heat out of chiles? If you perfectly deseed and devein them they retain much less heat. Wondering now how much capsaicin is in the flesh itself.

Phosphene likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

You know me and my highly subjective non-measurement ways... Before I showed up on the scene here I had been using fa bomb meals and spicy bomb meals to gain reconnaissance on my digestive system pretty much the way you describe.

If I wasn't treating my digestive system correctly fat bombs produced something I only describe as "loosey goosey". If not at peak efficiency spice bomb produced what I called "fire in the hole/ fire out the hole".

http://www.culinarylore.com/chiles:do-chile-seeds-have-heat

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

drezy likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The way I look at the seed/skin hot/less hot situation
    it is really about getting enough capsaicin into the system.
    So the first question would be
    how much capsaicin do I really need
    and second
    how to deliver it in the most delightful way.
    ----------------
    delightful is important to me

Sheddie, Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  16. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I would hazard a guess that it is not essential for you to have it,just a nice to have. Let's see if I can find anything on the dcapasaicin distribution somewhere. I will report back

Phosphene, JanSz and drezy like this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

Sauces or powders might make for a good starting point for anyone. I prefer raw peppers, but they can be unpredictable depending on solar yield and other factors.

I can answer this one anecdotally.

• Super fatty homemade pork vindaloo (The vinegar/SCFAs will aid in fat absorption It was made for Portugese sailors so that all the fat would float to the top of the containers and prevent spoilage on their journey from India back to Portugal.)
    • Thai Penang curry (heavy on the fish sauce & home ground dried shrimp)
    • Most Vietnamese soups if you're into soup(Never fatty enough for me)
    • Spicy Italian sausage

Phosphene likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thanks.
    That makes me think of lots of dry seafood in my Asian store.

I am able and do eat some hot food.
    But that newer cause me to sweat (while eating), and I must constantly think about the after-effects hours latter.
    But, back then, over 21years ago, when i was still working,
    going for lunches, I saw Indians actually sweating eating this stuff.

So the more important question is how for to push this issue?
    ////////

19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Note the cooli ng side dishes that go with a spicy dish.Raita and Lassi with Indian and a dollop of sour cream with Mexican dishes for example. They take down the afterburn.

Phosphene likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

The dha itself may not be nearly as present once dried. I use it as a glutamate enhancer. Like how some cheeses stink to high heaven but are addictive to eat. Thank natural glutamate.

Hmmm, coupled haplotype "heat" generation?

Push? I'm not sure I'd advise much pushing at all given your CAC score now. You were famous in the last Q&A @ 0:22:50 - 24:20-ish.
    Also specifically 26:30.

Your test score was so good I might have to redefine our relationship Jan

[​IMG]