1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Epi-paleo diet to fix gut flora

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by freshveggies, Sep 7, 2012.

1. When I was growing up and would get a cold my mom would serve us raw garlic sandwiches, due to its proposed antibiotic-like qualities. These were made with sliced garlic, mayo lettuce and tomato and the ever-famous wheatberry bread. They actually tasted great! The downside for mom and upside for us kids was that we'd get the next day off from school because the smell of garlic would be coming out of your pores!!!

2. kathylu

kathylu Gold

It's easy. It's just like you make any lacto fermented "pickle". Peel a bunch of garlic cloves, enough to fill a pint glass jar with a tight fitting lid. Or you can cheat and buy the pre-peeled cloves! If you really want to keep friends and neighbors away, put in some sprigs of fresh oregano and a few cayenne peppers. Make a brine, I use 1 tbsp of celtic sea salt per quart of liquid, add 2-4 tbsp of whey (drain whey through cheesecloth from yogurt) to get starter lactobacilli in the mix. If you don't use whey, double the salt. Let ferment at room temperature for 3-7 days, until bubbly and slightly cloudy and sour. Loosen cap once per day, then re-tighten. Refrigerate and use for whatever garlic is good in. If you don't mind the strong flavor, eat some raw, it's good for you.

3. Eve

Eve New Member

What is the reason for avoiding ferments if you have Hashi's? I missed the boat on this one, I think.

4. Guest

Guest Guest