1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Epi-paleo diet to fix gut flora

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by freshveggies, Sep 7, 2012.

1. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Ok. everywere I turn, people are asking me about how to fix the gut. Did Dr. K mention he was coming out with more details on how to do this? I have 4 people plus myself that need this. I am eating the seafood, kevita drinks, and bubbies pickles. I can't do any sulfur veggies at this time. Not sure what else I can do. I want it fixed fast. Seems like it is an old nemesis that I have been trying to tackle.

2. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Supplemental DHEA (if you are low), l-glutamine, address any dysbiosis such as candida or parasites, lots of bone broth. Let your bubbies pickles sit out at room temp for 3 days to get cloudy and fizzy (lots more bacteria that way!), and drink the juice...water it down if too salty. Lots of garlic in everything.

rlee314 likes this.
  3. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Yes, Dr K did mention he was going to do a blog on this (the EPCOT Rx I believe). He's also mentioned no ferments if you have Hashi's and not to overdo them in general (they create sugars one way and acetaldehyde the other way). Also, pre- and pro-biotics. Since gut is linked to everything else, consider reducing inflammation and religiously following light cycles. I'm needing this too. Trying to pick up all the clues out there and follow my instincts (there are also all the supps on the leaky gut Rx that could be helpful).

rlee314 likes this.

4. What up with the garlic? This is the First I've heard of it! I love the stuff! Can it be cooked?

5. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

good to know about the bubbies. I can't do garlic. No sulfur for me. I talke DHEA. I forgot about that. And I am doing the probiotics. So I am covered until I hear more about the protocol. Thanks for the suggestions. I am following light cycles tightly.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

onions and garlic.......you need them for the microfilms.

rlee314 likes this.
  7. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I wish I could have them. I am doing low sulfur for a while to get my CBS defect moving in the right direction.

8. I have zero deficit in the eating dept on: raw oysters, garlic, onion, and chocolate.

It's nice when you realise something you are doing is right!

9. Jude

Jude Gold

What is CBS please? How does the sulphur affect it? Thanks

10. kathylu

kathylu Gold

It's great for clearing candida colonies. It destabilizes candida biofilm matrix and hyphae formation (in english: garlic keeps candida from forming sticky gunk to hide in and grow those long legs that pierce your gut wall). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC538912/

"Garlic extract can prevent biofilm development by Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii and Klebsiella pneumoniae, and caused a 2–5 log reduction of the bioburden within Enterococcus faecalis biofilms. Additionally, garlic extract disrupted partially developed biofilms produced by S. aureus, S. epidermidis and A. baumannii."

It also tastes great.

11. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I'm guessing raw is best? Is that right Kathy?

12. johnnyb

johnnyb Gold

Have you tried sweet onions like Vidalia or Maui Sweets? Do they cause you a problem? It's my understanding these onions essentially become so called sweet by being grown in soil that lacks sulfur. I go with regular onions now to get the sulfur.

13. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Both onions and garlic have fructans, so for people avoiding sugars they are off the list...I can't wait to add them back in, but I'm still getting a reaction....I'm working with adding more probiotics for my leaky gut and avoiding the ferments for the most part. When I eat something fermented I can feel the effects of the acetaldehyde. I have the CBS issue too, so the sulphur part is another reason to stay away. Jude, CBS has to do with methylation.

14. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Hi SeaHorse, just wondering if you have done a 23 and me. I see they added a Fructrose intolerance gene. I had a fructose kit and was glad I never did the expensive kit because it now shows on my 23 and me I don't have the gene and I really don't have symptoms of it either.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

not totally true......context is key

rlee314 likes this.
  16. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

What part isn't right? I know that fructans aren't as big an issue for lots of people...but I only meant they weren't ok for me and the same with ferments. OK for some, not so great for others. Set me straight!

17. onions make me so sick, we have never gotten along

wonder why?

18. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Raw is definitely better, but many benefits are retained when lightly cooked. However, don't microwave...it totally inactivates allicin in garlic. I lacto ferment raw garlic cloves, then add them to salads and use for cooking. They keep for months. Pretty strong garlic taste though, but I like it.

19. kathylu, do you have a recipe for the fermented garlic?

20. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Thanks! Haven't owned a microwave in 15 years... and will never again. I've been instinctively eating raw garlic daily. I'm so pleased to know it has good reasons and good effects. Thanks again.