1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Epi-paleo diet everything goes :)

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Souldanzer, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks Gretchen and bigknitwit. We never have enough bacon fat left over! so pleased about the beef tallow. We love the taste of salmon cooked in sheep fat--hope it's more mufa......

2. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Is ghee ok with seafood?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it is OK.....just not optimal

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Dinner tonight was grilled mackerel & octopus. We had a serious score at the mercado.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Oh and the boy are 3 servings of seaweed

6. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Got some seaweed soaking in some water, vinegar and sesame seed oil blend. I sprinkled toasted sesame seeds onto it too...for a nice crunch.

I am going to have squash and ground lamb (from NZ...so it's grass-fed). I haven't had red meat in a while...lol.

Btw, who needs cod liver oil 'supplement' when you can just buy the cod livers whole---yup I bought them whole. :) I put them on top of cucumbers like a cracker---delish!

7. Stavity

Stavity New Member

Cod tongue has lots of vitamin D...now where to get Cod tongue.

8. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Cod have tongues?! Well I'll be darned. Learn something new every day around here...:D

9. Stavity

Stavity New Member

10. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I've been able to get whole cod a few times...the tongues and cheeks are considered a delicacy in Newfoundland...served up with scrunchions which are little bits of fat pork crisped up...yum yum and very epi-paleo. If only they didn't add mounds of french fries it would all be great. There's a street in St. John's Newfoundland that is nicknamed Grease Alley because of all the fish and chip shops. Sometimes you could get tongues and cheeks there, most of the larger supermarkets had tongues regularly...I'm getting teary eyed here so I have to stop thinking about all that fresh fish I left behind.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

My husband was born and raised in Nova Scotia. He always talked about cod cheeks and tongues. I thought he was being silly. Who is the silly one now?

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I think to be optimal....they should have served the eyes and liver in the same dish!

13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Don't forget the thyroid!