1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Epi-paleo diet everything goes :)

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Souldanzer, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Image of the day. Apparently my husband has never seen me eat a soft-shelled crab, until this morning at breakfast. Wouldn't you know, he had to take a look when a claw was hanging out of my mouth :D:eek::p. Not quite what he was ready for ...

2. Your excitement is exciting! I have not ventured back to the asian market - any hints on how to go buy this stuff where you dont leave wondering if it might be laced with crazy things?

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

lol ........... I looked at these at the asian market the other day and couldn't get myself to buy them.... next time, maybe.

4. Stavity

Stavity New Member

I have never had fish row, but today I bought large Spot Shrimp that has the roe in it. Guess I will be finding out since I plan to make ceviche with it. So wish I was brave as you, Gladina and the rest of the gals.

5. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Seriously? I can't believe there's something I eat that you don't :rolleyes:.

6. I too am shocked!!! I remember when I lived in Boston, Blue Crab season rocked! I lived for the sandwiches with them. . .haven't thought about doing them another way. Lyndra, how are you preparing them? Where did ya get em? I have no probs with this one.

I need to do something to try and jumpstart the fish love - I think I'm going to make little fish head ice cubes that I can swallow.

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Well, usually I take these kinda reactions as a challenge....... so next time at the Asian market softshelled crabs it is ;) I've been reading about how to prepare them and it actually sounds like they might be tasty!

This week, the challenge is snails...... b/c Shijin said they're good :cool: Already waiting in my freezer.

8. I just bought some more of these today! I dust them in water chestnut flour and fry in a little coconut oil and yummy!

9. Snails are really good w/butter and garlic. Oh yeah, no butter....ooops. Never had them w/o butter. But as I always used to say "Olive oil goes with everything!" Thank goodness my O6:3 ratio is 3:1 and a little more O6 shouldn't be a problem.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Will try. I figure one or two challenges per trip is plenty :) You guys should've seen the cashier ringing up my purchases....lol. Her little Asian eyes were getting bigger and bigger.... more oysters, more mussles, more whole fish, more shrimp with heads, ..... until she finally exclaimed in her little cute chinese accent: "You MUST like the SEAFOOD!!!". LOL

11. I think the butter flavor/smell is still there with Ghee. . .I would totally think you are getting the right taste with the ghee. LOTS OF GARLIC and fresh parsley is needed too - even if all you do is decorate the plate with it. Also, perhaps some raw veggie stick or coin to "dip" in the snail/garlic/butter mix when done. Shame for that to go to waste. . .

12. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

A couple of months ago, Neal at the seafood shop told me they were great and said you eat them whole. I couldn't really believe that I was buying them (this was pre-Epi Paleo) but I decided to get outside my comfort zone. I just pan-fry them for a few minutes per side. I'm doing the AI protocol so this time I used bacon grease. They're pretty tasty.

13. I was thinking MUFA rather than saturated fats to go with the snails (shellfish, right?).

14. hehe ok, so perhaps there is something wrong. I'm pretty dense today! Of course you are right.

I'm watching Master Chef with my 6 yr old and was looking through a Chefy lense.

15. I'm quite the foodies myself! At one time I even sold gourmet foods to high-end restaurants. It's a little harder to be a little "chefy" w/o dairy and nightshades but the food always tastes good. Still fascinated by unique ingredients though.

16. NWgirl

NWgirl New Member

Just shucked 6 oysters (first time shucking) and ate them for BAB. They were large ones. Great with lemon and hot sauce!

17. Stavity

Stavity New Member

I have been shucking my own oysters but I use these gloves

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ02MU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 cause my hands are accident prone. I always feel good eaten oysters and my guess is that I need the zinc, especially for my skin.

18. Jude

Jude Gold

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

20. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Beef tallow is more MUFA as well. It's the only one on the list I can use. Can't say I love the taste of it in my seafood, but it's tolerable in small quantities.