1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Environmental Health Consultant coming Indoor air+

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Martha Ray, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

I set up an appointment with an Environmental Health Consultant to talk to us about some concerns I have about home health and about his services.

His specialties include:

• Asbestos-containing Materials
      • ACM Identification
      • ACM Management
      • ACM Abatement
      • Asbestos Project Design and Monitoring
      • Asbestos Regulations Consulting
    • Lead-Based Paints
      • LBP Inspections
      • LBP Risk Assessments
      • LBP Regulations
    • Indoor Air Quality Investigations, Testing & Inspections
      • COVID-19 (coronavirus) testing and air exchange rate measurements
      • Mold
        • Mold Inspections
        • Black Mold Testing
        • Mold Assessments
        • Mold Remediation Design and Consulting
      • Radon
        • Radon Gas Measurements
        • Radon Testing for Home and Residential
        • Radon Inspections for Commercial Properties
    I will most likely test the Indoor air the day he comes ($80.00). I ask him if there was anything I should do before he comes and he said to not open the house up or run the air purifiers 24 hours before our appointment.

For the past 12 years we have been using Austin Air brand STANDARD purifiers almost 24 /7. They use charcoal filters. I used to have one of there large high end units that after I researched one of the materials I found it may not good for thyroid health. When we replaced that large unit filter last I went with their plain standard charcoal filter and have been please with them. The small EMF meter I have does not register the units as high but I still also wonder about running them 24/7.

Not sure this consultant is all that holistic but he has a very good reputation in town, he come highly recommended by people I think well of and he does not personally provide any remediation services himself. His fee is $225. for this appointment.

Have any of you had experenice with Environmental Health Consultants and can you please share your experiences, as well as any questions I might consider asking him....

I'll report back after I see him....

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Be careful.
    You may not be able to sell your home (until after you clean up the mess he is going to write about), and send a copy of it to your town.